Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Sorry...What?
CedarCreek 11:39 AM 03-01-2013
Uh yeah..I'm not sure what to think about this.

We were outside and I was walking toward the swings to push a couple of dcks with my biter dck tailing me. I got to the swings and when i turned around and dck was a little ways back. She apparently had tripped and fallen on her hands and knees. She got up and started to cry. I went over to pick her up when I saw her hand was bleeding. A lot. (I'm not sure what she cut it on, all I saw were sticks and grass so I guess a stick)

I took dck inside while calling the others to follow. They all sat in the living room while I doctored dck in the kitchen. I washed her cut and applied pressure. Once the bleeding had stopped I inspected the cut. It was small but it was on her palm so if she barely moves her hand it opens up. Yuck. I cleaned with antiseptic and applied gauze and covered with bandaids.

I called mom and got no answer. I texted her and let her know what happened and also that the cut might need dermabond or a stitch because of the location.

Her response: "okay thanks for letting me know"

??

I tell you I think she might need dermabond or a stitch and that's your response?

It's not bleeding and I have it covered but I don't understand why she wouldn't come and see what she thought?

I wrote up an incident report and included that she was advised that it might need the extra care. This makes me uncomfortable.
Tags:injury
Up