Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>my little attention seeker
DCMomOf3 06:14 AM 03-09-2011
Not a vent, or asking for advice on how to handle it, just an observation of this morning. I thought to put this in the funny thread but maybe not quite appropriate.

DCG3 has been trying so hard to be the leader today and no one is letting her, or should I say no one is paying attention to her. For the first half-hour in the playroom she was carrying around a musical toy saying "EVERYONE! It's time to dancey-dance. Put away the blocks. It's time to dance!" My toddlers keep playing blocks as if she is not even there. She goes to each one, saying the same thing over and over again and everyone still only wants to play blocks. She then puts away the musical toy and tries to lead the block play, which they also ignore. I am having a chuckle watching the toddlers essentially tell her she is not the boss.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 03-09-2011
even toddlers have a hierarchy they follow....too cute though!
I love when that sort of social situation plays out because it is sometimes a bigger impact on the child than if an adult had butted in and told her she is not the boss. Sometimes they have to hear it from a peer for it to mean anything.

I love standing back and listening. I had a 3 yr old explain to her friend yesterday what 'jealous' meant; "It's when someone has something you want and you are mad about it." LOL!
Reply Up