Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hourly Care, Adding Hours
TwinKristi 02:47 PM 10-14-2013
Hi! My first time really posting a question here!

So I have 2 after school kids I watch, 1 is a steady Mon-Fri deal and dad is usually here by 5. Their hours of need were after school 2:45 (1:30 on Wed) to 5pm or there abouts so I said it would be $95/wk which is 13.5 hours at $7/hr. Occasionally dad gets here at 4:40-4:45 and was also my son's soccer coach and would take him to soccer practice with him. Friday they were 1.25hr late and I when I texted after 30 min they realized they forgot to tell me mom was picking up after she got off work at 6 so she's here about 6:15pm. I got a text today that dad is working late this week so mom will pick up or they can have Grandma pick up if needed. Well here's the thing, I don't mind watching him til 6:15 but am I expected to for free otherwise grandma can pick up? She hasn't paid me for this week yet so I can tell her that it will be an extra $10/day when mom picks up not dad but I feel funny saying so! It's partly because it's my son's best friend, they have him over for play dates and sleepovers and we've done the same but it's hard when I'm not having a play date every day, it's daycare. I'm responsible for him on a professional level when he's here during business hours vs if he comes over Saturday night for a sleepover. I'm just not sure how to convey that without feeling like a money grubber.
Should I just say that if he stays til Mom picks up it's an extra $10, about 1.5hrs extra, otherwise grandma can pick up by 5:30? I'm just afraid they'll think that I am greedy when I didn't discount them for early pickups during soccer. I like things to be fair and don't want to get in the habit of keeping him an extra 5hrs a week for free but I also don't want it to be a pain for them to have Grandma pickup if someone has to work late to avoid paying $10. Ugh... I don't know! She usually pays me mon-tues for the following 2wks but if she didn't send a check with him today I will just text her and see or try to ask after work?
Unregistered 02:53 PM 10-14-2013
charge the fees, business and friendship rarely works out.
TwinKristi 03:03 PM 10-14-2013
I just texted her! :-)
TwinKristi 03:07 PM 10-14-2013
And of course she said its fine and she'll be here at 6:15 to get him!
Tags:hourly rate
Reply Up