Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Conveyance Parents For Provider Vacation Off
Childcare-yps 02:18 PM 10-10-2017
I have a sisters marriage to attend and so i have to close my daycare but one parent ask to keep open with helper atleast for half day so that she can manage atleast half day from work...instead of finding other alternate or stay at home. But one parent is like no we cant pick up in middle like half day so i dont know..

I am confuse what to do now..... is anyone face situation like this.... how do you deal with such problems when you dont want to loose parent also and same time marriage also important.

Afterall daycare business is so tricky, everytime finding kid is different and dealing with new parents is also different.

Please share and suggest what should be the best option for my licensed daycare.

thanks
Ariana 02:24 PM 10-10-2017
I have 5 personal days allowed in my contract that parents are aware of when they sign my contract. I like to give lots of notice but I am entitled to days off and can close early if I need to.

No parent is going to be happy about their daycare closing early or closing at all but that is how home daycare works. Simply close and let them have their tantrum. They are the ones who should have backup care and it is not YOUR problem if they don’t.
Snowmom 02:33 PM 10-10-2017
Don't miss out on life because someone else fails to uphold their end of the bargain.

Part of the drawback to in-home daycare is the fact that families will have to provide their own back up options.
If they want guaranteed care for nearly every day of the year except major holidays, then they should go to a center and pay their premium rates to have that kind of guarantee.

Close.

Like Ariana said: let them have their tantrum if they wish. They don't dictate the rules... you do.
Childcare-yps 03:03 PM 10-10-2017
Is 3 weeks close is fine as i have to go out of country and also i have contract says for 2 weeks yearly i will take and i am taking 1 more thanksgiving week this time so it just 3 days off in that week so total is 13 days off vacation. Also i dont charge form parents for my vacation. so they are paying anyting to me for all 13 days...

Is this sounds okay to all, share your thoughts... i dont want to do anything wrong to my parents , i personally feeling bad as this mariage fixed randomly, but dont want to suffer in business due to personal event thing...
Georgiads 06:07 PM 10-10-2017
It is easy to get stuck always feeling bad about doing what YOU need to do.

Can your assistant run the daycare while you are away?

This might be good so that you are still making money while away. It's really up to what works for you.
amberrose3dg 03:39 AM 10-11-2017
I would close. Paying a helper for one kid will most likely cost more than their weekly rate. I would also remind them they need back up care.
Enjoy your sister's wedding.
amberrose3dg 03:42 AM 10-11-2017
If some families leave you can replace. You cannot get those memories of your sister's wedding back.
284878 06:37 AM 10-11-2017
How would you feel about your assist nannying for the family that wants care?
If you are okay with it, then let them know that.
Leigh 08:02 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have 5 personal days allowed in my contract that parents are aware of when they sign my contract. I like to give lots of notice but I am entitled to days off and can close early if I need to.

No parent is going to be happy about their daycare closing early or closing at all but that is how home daycare works. Simply close and let them have their tantrum. They are the ones who should have backup care and it is not YOUR problem if they don’t.
Here's what I would do: "I will be closed on XXX day(s) to attend to personal business. Please utilize your backup providers, as I am unable to offer any services during this time". I would take the half day off the table-It sounds like they could take advantage of you and ruin the event for you. If they complain, just tell them that you won't be open and can't help them.
Unregistered 10:21 AM 10-11-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Here's what I would do: "I will be closed on XXX day(s) to attend to personal business. Please utilize your backup providers, as I am unable to offer any services during this time". I would take the half day off the table-It sounds like they could take advantage of you and ruin the event for you. If they complain, just tell them that you won't be open and can't help them.
I agree with this. And never, ever do a half day when you really need to be somewhere on time, because I guarantee that will be the day they show up late. If you allow clients to dictate your time off, you will burn out quickly.
CityGarden 11:18 AM 10-11-2017
I follow the local school district calendar which is already a generous amount of paid time off so while I allow for 3 personal days in my contract I would not take them unless there was an emergency.

In my case I would hire the assistant or a sub for the day but I know most home providers would just close. Don't feel guilty for whatever you decide.

Maybe ask the assistant if she would be interested in watching a couple kids that day for additional pay directly from the parents....
Mom2Two 01:13 PM 10-11-2017
I give 30 days notice for most closings/appointments, but I also require dcf to have back up care for emergencies or other super important events.

My families are pretty understanding about it, and I haven't had a problem for a long time.

I'm assuming that for a marriage you can give some notice about the closing. If the families can't find back up care, I know that I would have a hard time keeping them. They need to be a little bit organized!
Childcare-yps 01:20 PM 10-11-2017
Yes, i want to close as i dont want any risk ans tension during my marriage time, also teacher and helper will be there for commit timing but if parents show up late then what... i will not be there to handle these things and also its too dangerous to leave kids with just teacher/helper at home for long time - 3 weeks.

Also i came to know, As per licensing we cant leave the place for long, we have to be there atleast 80% at facility right?
with all these things, i am thinking to close, even if parents is upset and showing attitude to me or leave my daycare.

But i dont want to do anything which is risky with kids and my business and licensing too.
Even i am charging from my parents for my vacation, which they should feel good about this.. no money no care.
Tags:paid vacations
Reply Up