Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Sign Too Rude?
newtodaycare22 11:04 AM 09-17-2012
I posted previously about a nap time sign. I love the 'you wake em, you take em...' but not for daycare. I feel bad saying that about kids who aren't mine. lol. I made a sign that reads......

QUIET PLEASE!

(picture of a sleeping kid)

We had a loud busy morning, full of learning and play,
But now it’s our NAPPING part of the day.
So, unless you’re a parent…. please stay away.

(picture of a laughing happy face)

Do you think this is ok?
bluemoose_mom 11:12 AM 09-17-2012
I think it's fine. If it was directed at parents, I think it would be inappropriate, but since it's geared towards someone else coming to your door (your family members, neighbors, and friends). The only think I would question would be delivery people.
newtodaycare22 11:14 AM 09-17-2012
Originally Posted by bluemoose_mom:
I think it's fine. If it was directed at parents, I think it would be inappropriate, but since it's geared towards someone else coming to your door (your family members, neighbors, and friends). The only think I would question would be delivery people.
Maybe I'll add a "p.s. leave packages at the door" lol
Nickel 11:44 AM 09-17-2012
I really like that sign! Not rude at all imo
busymomof2 12:37 PM 09-17-2012
I just have a sign that says "kids napping...knock DO NOT use door bell"
My daycare parents have been told and written in my contract that I do not answer the house phone (unplugged) or the door during the afternoon nap. All my kids are light sleepers. There are no drop offs or pick ups allowed during that time. Any emergencies they can call me on my cell phone (on vibrate).
E Daycare 08:57 AM 09-18-2012
Lol I think it's cute. Mine says

"please knock once as it may be nap time. You wake 'em you watch 'em". with some smiley face stickers.

Haven't had any issue and the ups guys have been great. Lol
rhymia1 09:09 AM 09-18-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I posted previously about a nap time sign. I love the 'you wake em, you take em...' but not for daycare. I feel bad saying that about kids who aren't mine. lol. I made a sign that reads......

QUIET PLEASE!

(picture of a sleeping kid)

We had a loud busy morning, full of learning and play,
But now it’s our NAPPING part of the day.
So, unless you’re a parent…. please stay away.

(picture of a laughing happy face)

Do you think this is ok?
I think it's cute. Of course not sure how licensing would react if they saw it...
MarinaVanessa 09:52 AM 09-18-2012
I love it!! I might make a new sign and add this to the top of my "You wake 'em" sign lol. BTW all of my daycare parent's think my sign is hilarious and I've gotten a few "Please do" comments (as in, yes please take them). They're kidding of course .

I think your sign will make people smile.
Reply Up