Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Something Is In My Wall!
kitykids3 01:31 PM 02-21-2013
There is something in the interior wall between the playroom and dining room down here in the daycare (lower level of my home). I have heard him on and off since Monday when we came back from our walk. It seems like he only moves/makes noise if it is quiet in here (like now at nap time). Creepy. It's next to where the chimney is. I'm more of a DIY gal, but looks like I'll be having to spend the money for this.

So creepy.
lovemykidstoo 01:44 PM 02-21-2013
Is it possible that something fell down the chimeny? Could be anything. A mouse, bird, squirrel etc. We had mice in our walls once in our old house. It is a creepy sound.
daycarediva 03:12 PM 02-21-2013
Wanna borrow my cat? He is seriously awesome and kills EVERYTHING. Mice, moles, snakes, birds, rabbits, a small FOX, I don't even fence my garden anymore.
kitykids3 03:42 PM 02-21-2013
I'm pretty sure it is something that fell down. No fireplace, it is stuck behind all walls. I have a cat too, who is very interested in that noise. I'd have to cut a hole in the wall to get to it, so maybe I'll try that this weekend. I'm kind of guessing a squirrel maybe. We have a ton of them around here.
Bookworm 03:43 PM 02-21-2013
We had a hole in the roof of our house and a squirrel got into the walls it drove my cat crazy. We called animal control and they told us to put mothballs in a sock and put to in the attic. It actually worked. The squirrel left and we repaired the hole. Maybe this will work for you.
makap 05:25 PM 02-21-2013
We live in the country and have had experience with squirels and chipmunks.

We had one that got into our central air conditioning system when we first built our house and she had her babies in there. She chewed all the wiring in there and we had to get everything replaced. She caused a lot of damage before electrocuting herself.

Please be very careful because these critters can cause MAJOR damage. Even cause a house fire by chewing wires inside your walls.
dave4him 05:49 PM 02-21-2013
Yikes. Hate it when things like that happen. We have not had anything like that here though. I would call pest control
Brooksie 08:06 AM 02-22-2013
At a house I used to rent, it had little chimney covers where I guess you could install a wood stove. In the spring/summer, birds would actually nest in the attic (so obnoxious) and occasionally they would fall down in that passage in the wall. The first time it happened the bird actually busted through the cover and was flying around the house. I was pregnant at the time and my ex comes RUNNING into my room and tells me I had to get it out!!! Whimp. After that we duct taped the cover to the wall but had 3 more birds fall down there that season!! Such a pain to have to rip it off the wall and get the bird out of the house. It sounds like you're having the same issue, but I definitely recommend figuring out HOW it got in there in the first place, or you will probably have to deal with it again... Good LUCK!
Reply Up