Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grrrrrrrr!
mrsnj 07:52 AM 06-21-2013
I get a rush call. One of my SA kids is sick and mom calls to tell me to get the baby ready cause she has to pick up. Ok. So I WAKE the baby up (who is my screamer BTW and highly upset by being woke up), change and fed her. Pack her up and in the carrier ready to go. Mom calls and says never mind. She changed her mind. She won't get anything done with her screaming so she is leaving her and someone else will pick up at the end of the day. Hope I don't mind. So......you made me wake a baby who is greatly displeased at the moment and letting me know it, throw her schedule off, take me away from the other kids/routine so that you can pick her up fast and I have her ready for you and you change your mind cause you don't want her and 'hope I don't mind"!? REALLY?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah. Kinda sorta MIND!
craftymissbeth 07:55 AM 06-21-2013
wow.. I'd honestly tell her that she is now required to pick the baby up. She could have easily just let the baby sleep and do his/her thing with you and then call/text you when she was actually on her way, KWIM?
Angelsj 08:18 AM 06-21-2013
Nope, sorry, I do mind. Come get the baby. Sheesh!! Some people!!
Blackcat31 08:31 AM 06-21-2013
I agree with the others. No way would I have agreed to keep that baby.

I would have given mom a reasonable amount of time to get there and pick up the baby.

I would NEVER allow a parent to dictate my day and once she requested the "wake up-pick up", she would have been required to stick with it.
daycarediva 09:38 AM 06-21-2013
I would have been super annoyed (but most likely understanding) about the wake-up pick-up, but the cancellation would have been met with a big laugh, and a "No, sorry dcm screamer baby needs to get picked up now."
TheGoodLife 09:58 AM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would have been super annoyed (but most likely understanding) about the wake-up pick-up, but the cancellation would have been met with a big laugh, and a "No, sorry dcm screamer baby needs to get picked up now."
Agreed! If SHE can't get things done with "screamer" and she made you wake her up already- sorry, too late to change plans now!
MarinaVanessa 10:46 AM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Agreed! If SHE can't get things done with "screamer" and she made you wake her up already- sorry, too late to change plans now!
Yep. I agree.

Sorry DCM, you told me to have her ready so I woke her up from nap and she is VERY displeased. You said so yourself, I won't be able to get anything done now with her screaming. You will have to come and pick her up now as I can't get her to either go back to sleep now or to stop crying and I have the other kids to worry about. Please pick up Wailing ...err I mean Waylon picked up within 30 minutes"
mrsnj 10:56 AM 06-21-2013
Nope. Still here. On a good note she is taking a good afternoon nap!
Cat Herder 11:01 AM 06-21-2013
For future reference tell her "You wake 'em, you take 'em."

Post it on the front door.
mrsnj 11:23 AM 06-21-2013
Lol. Love it
makap 11:33 AM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Love this!!
williams2008 11:57 AM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

wdmmom 01:29 PM 06-21-2013
If a parent is going to pick up during naptime, I don't wake them up until the parent is at my door! They have 30 minutes from telling me they are coming to get here. I don't do "Oh nevermind." You say you are coming, you better show up!
Unregistered 05:17 PM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by mrsnj:
I get a rush call. One of my SA kids is sick and mom calls to tell me to get the baby ready cause she has to pick up. Ok. So I WAKE the baby up (who is my screamer BTW and highly upset by being woke up), change and fed her. Pack her up and in the carrier ready to go. Mom calls and says never mind. She changed her mind. She won't get anything done with her screaming so she is leaving her and someone else will pick up at the end of the day. Hope I don't mind. So......you made me wake a baby who is greatly displeased at the moment and letting me know it, throw her schedule off, take me away from the other kids/routine so that you can pick her up fast and I have her ready for you and you change your mind cause you don't want her and 'hope I don't mind"!? REALLY?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah. Kinda sorta MIND!
I never wake children when they are sleeping, especially not infants unless mom/dad/pickup person is AT THE DOOR. I can change a diaper in 30 seconds or less and can get a bag ready in a jiffy. NO need for me to ever wake up a baby before the parent is there, that's as insane as lighting a match next to a propane tank!
blandino 06:27 PM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I never wake children when they are sleeping, especially not infants unless mom/dad/pickup person is AT THE DOOR. I can change a diaper in 30 seconds or less and can get a bag ready in a jiffy. NO need for me to ever wake up a baby before the parent is there, that's as insane as lighting a match next to a propane tank!

Me too. I have spent too many minutes waiting for a parent who is supposed to be there at x:15 and shows up at x:30, with an infant ready to go and not happy about it.

Now, that baby sleeps until the parent walks through the door. I understand that this parent had a sick older child, but when I used to have parents ask me to have their child ready to go - the process would infuriate me. Let's ask someone with multiple children to care for to get my child ready, instead of the parent leaving work 5 minutes earlier.
Lucy 07:50 PM 06-21-2013
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
If a parent is going to pick up during naptime, I don't wake them up until the parent is at my door!
Yes.... I was thinking this as I read the OP's scenario. On the phone, I would just say, "ok, I'm going to let her sleep and when you get here, I'll get her up and bring her to you." That way IF she changes her plans, no harm/no foul. Baby still sleeping. Also, you don't get a crying, cranky baby who was cheated out of a full nap.
Josiegirl 02:42 PM 06-22-2013
Holy Crapcakes, good thing it was Friday. I would've been very upset and probably not very nice to her at pick-up time. My passive aggressive way of dealing with a parent.
Reply Up