Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Attachment Parenting
mommyneedsadayoff 04:54 PM 01-01-2015
Hi! I am new to this forum and just wanted to know if anyone has had dealt with a dcp that prefers AP style care in your daycare? The mom I work for is very into AP, yet works 12 hour shifts, so I have dcb 13 hours a day, 4 days a week. I do not use AP and wonder if I should term or try to work it out with her, because dcb is having a very hard time adjusting. Any experience and advice would be appreciated!
Heidi 05:07 PM 01-01-2015
Key word in attachment parenting....PARENTING

You are providing group childcare, you are not the child's parent. "I provide care for a group of children, and I certainly do that to the best of my ability. However, I need to consider the needs of all the children entrusted to me. Therefore, LO either needs to be able to work within a group, or perhaps this is not a good fit. She will most likely take a long time to adjust to two such vastly different approaches. Whatever you decide, I understand".

Do NOT apologize, no "I;m sorry". Say it kindly, but firmly. She is NOT your employer. You are running a small business. This is the service you provide. She can either take it or find another service. That's it.
Blackcat31 05:09 PM 01-01-2015
Here are a few other threads about attachment parenting and management in a child care setting. Both viewpoints are offered and the threads are a great read. Lots of super interesting and helpful information.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...nting+problems

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ng+and+daycare
mommyneedsadayoff 07:21 PM 01-01-2015
thanks so much for the advice and I will check those threads for more info! Happy New Year!
Angelsj 03:32 AM 01-02-2015
There are providers out there who are willing to use AP ideas and principles. I am one of them. (Within the bounds of regulations of course.)
She really has two choices. Accept group care as you are willing to provide it for the little one, or find a provider willing to use AP. It isn't up to you to change how you do things unless you are willing to do so. It is up to the parent to find care that approximates what they want for their child.
Reply Up