Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How can kids act so different around parents??!!
TSDaycare 04:26 AM 06-30-2015
I have one that turns into a demon child at drop off and pick up. As soon as mom is gone she is quiet as a mouse, but mom doesn't believe that is her child (she is the same at school as she is in daycare)! She purposely does things she knows are off limits and tries to break rules while mom is here, but I don't let her get away with it. Mom here or not I will stand my ground! It just amazes me how some kids get over on their parents!
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by TSDaycare:
I have one that turns into a demon child at drop off and pick up. As soon as mom is gone she is quiet as a mouse, but mom doesn't believe that is her child (she is the same at school as she is in daycare)! She purposely does things she knows are off limits and tries to break rules while mom is here, but I don't let her get away with it. Mom here or not I will stand my ground! It just amazes me how some kids get over on their parents!
IME, parents are reluctant to step in for several reasons

It's your house and they aren't sure who should be in charge
Fear of being judged (after all you manage multiple kids and parents often struggle with one or two)
Expectation that you will be the one in charge since it's your house
They don't want Jr to cry (they haven't seen them all day so they want the experience to be a happy, tear free one)

Kids will also pick up on those things and will purposely test limits and boundaries just to see who is the one in charge and to see if you or the parent steps up and takes control.

It IS an amazing phenomenon for sure....
daycarediva 10:19 AM 06-30-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
IME, parents are reluctant to step in for several reasons

It's your house and they aren't sure who should be in charge
Fear of being judged (after all you manage multiple kids and parents often struggle with one or two)
Expectation that you will be the one in charge since it's your house
They don't want Jr to cry (they haven't seen them all day so they want the experience to be a happy, tear free one)

Kids will also pick up on those things and will purposely test limits and boundaries just to see who is the one in charge and to see if you or the parent steps up and takes control.

It IS an amazing phenomenon for sure....
address it. Bye bye outside, or stopping dcg in front of dcm immediately. I put kids in TO if need be.
Reply Up