Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>They Got to Go
February 02:57 PM 05-31-2017
I have a family that basically brings their child whenever they want. It's going on 2 weeks and I have yet to hear from them. They pay late and have a very sporadic schedule. I'm thinking of telling to not even bother....but in a polite way of course. If they every do decide to call I'm thinking of telling them due to inconsistent attendance and late payments, I have decided to terminate their contract!
Unregistered 03:00 PM 05-31-2017
I would, people are sooo rude and don't care about what others may think. We have some that are like that but our director just lets it keep continuing, but I think some changes are coming.
trix23 03:04 PM 05-31-2017
Do you not have contracted days and times? Plus overages for being late or early?
February 03:26 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would, people are sooo rude and don't care about what others may think. We have some that are like that but our director just lets it keep continuing, but I think some changes are coming.
It is very rude....and to me it's not about the money. Maybe directors let it happen because they want the money. But what about principle of the matter. Stick to the contract and if that's the case they should get a babysitter.
February 03:27 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
Do you not have contracted days and times? Plus overages for being late or early?
They go have contract days and times but are not holding their end of the contract. They are late.
Unregistered 03:54 PM 05-31-2017
What about late fees not being charged for overdue tuition?
Our director also allowed that to happen plus we have a employee manual, not one policy was being followed until the owners found out about it. Now a girl has decided to quit because we are made to follow the rules.
laundrymom 06:01 PM 05-31-2017
I would just fill spot. Then forget them.
Josiegirl 02:27 AM 06-01-2017
Don't take this the wrong way but why do you allow it to continue to happen? They've got a good thing going and are using you. The first time they didn't pay, they would've been slapped with the late fees. Second time, they would've been terminated immediately, per my contract. They clearly disrespect you, your business and your rules.
Not knowing what your signed contract says, I'd send them an email, terminating them immediately if you can(per contract, such as nonpayment, etc.) or give your 2 weeks. Then I'd send them a certified letter stating the same thing. No provider needs to or should put up with that kind of disrespectful behavior.
trix23 08:22 PM 06-01-2017
By "they are late" do you mean "late payment" or "late showing up for the day"?
Unregistered 12:10 PM 06-04-2017
What I mean is they don't pay their tuition on time and let the late fees accumulate. Since our director has left, we have a new director and they are now making people follow the policies (ALL of them) even the employees are starting to follow the policies. It's A LOT better and NO MORE stress and drama
trix23 01:10 PM 06-04-2017
That's good. But what's the issue? Did these parents not have a problem paying the late fees? I noticed that one family that I had they didn't mind paying the late fee when it was only $10 a day so I hiked it to 25 a day and now everybody pays on time
Unregistered 06:59 PM 06-05-2017
They let the tuition lapse and the late fees lapse to the point to where they are a month or more overdue. Then the parents are wondering why they have late fees & tuition that's overdue, because the director NEVER posted a late fee every week like she was instructed to do.
trix23 09:17 PM 06-05-2017
There should be a policy where if X amount of time has gone by of nonpayment that a family is terminated and their balance owing will be turned over to collections. For me, this is 1 week. Home care provider
Reply Up