Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Only 3 Weeks Until School Starts!! YAY
TSDaycare 04:20 AM 08-02-2011
Thank goodness! We need some time apart, we have had enough "together time", nobody can get along anymore. I'm sad summer is getting closer to an end but ready to get back in the swing of school!!!
erinalexmom 06:24 AM 08-02-2011
I am also ready for school to start because I need the $! I will be full once school starts. This 1/2 full stuff is for the birds!
AnythingsPossible 07:13 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by erinalexmom:
I am also ready for school to start because I need the $! I will be full once school starts. This 1/2 full stuff is for the birds!
I am in this exact same boat! Lower numbers can be nice, but the lower income sure hurts!!
nannyde 07:16 AM 08-02-2011
Three weeks from Thursday.... YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

I'm ready.
sharlan 07:18 AM 08-02-2011
Nooooooooooooo, I love my summers.
dEHmom 07:21 AM 08-02-2011
I like not having to load kids up and drive to and from the school, but I was reading for school to start about 3 days after school ended. I'm FULL because my dck's are babies, and having my own dd home is driving me insane. I feel bad saying that, but my dd and ds's have been non stop fighting and bickering, it's driving me bonkers.

This september (we have 4 weeks till school starts???) my ds will be joining my dd in school every second day. yay. so i'll actually have room to add a part timer but don't plan on it. I think with the every 2nd day, and when holidays etc come, it would be too much hassle to arrange a partimer in those days.
MarinaVanessa 07:41 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Nooooooooooooo, I love my summers.
Speak for yourself woman! SOME of us here have school-age children running amock in our DC's. All summer long each and every day ALL DAY LONG it's "I'm bored", "There's nothing to do", "I don't want to do that", "Everything is baby toys", "I don't like that", "I'm hungry", "When's lunch", "You want to eat THAT?!", "Why can't I play with the scissors", "The babies are boring", "Why can't I watch TV", "I don't want to take a nap", "I'm not sleepy", "I'm still hungry", "When is daycare over", "I didn't play with that", "Why do I have to clean it up", "I don't want to" ... etc etc etc.

And this is just MY ONE DD .

I don't know how the rest you you's that do school-age care can manage and tolerate all of the above multiplied by 3 or more. Help me Jesus, I would choke a child .
sharlan 08:41 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Speak for yourself woman! SOME of us here have school-age children running amock in our DC's. All summer long each and every day ALL DAY LONG it's "I'm bored", "There's nothing to do", "I don't want to do that", "Everything is baby toys", "I don't like that", "I'm hungry", "When's lunch", "You want to eat THAT?!", "Why can't I play with the scissors", "The babies are boring", "Why can't I watch TV", "I don't want to take a nap", "I'm not sleepy", "I'm still hungry", "When is daycare over", "I didn't play with that", "Why do I have to clean it up", "I don't want to" ... etc etc etc.

And this is just MY ONE DD .

I don't know how the rest you you's that do school-age care can manage and tolerate all of the above multiplied by 3 or more. Help me Jesus, I would choke a child .
I have a 15 yo, 5 1/2 yo, 4, and 3. I have yet to hear "I'm bored" from the 15 yo or 5 yo. They know I have lots of things for them to do should they decide their bored. Right now, I have both out back cleaning out the playhouse and bins of food/dishes that go to the kitchen set. The boys filled anything that doesn't move with sand. Actually, I think the tortoises got sanded, too.
MarinaVanessa 08:53 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
They know I have lots of things for them to do should they decide their bored.
I know what you mean. My 6yo DD is now alphabetizing our books after sorting our coupons. Next she's going to sort our blocks/legos. She was driving me bananas.
sharlan 09:16 AM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I know what you mean. My 6yo DD is now alphabetizing our books after sorting our coupons. Next she's going to sort our blocks/legos. She was driving me bananas.
What's that old saying, "Idle hands are the work of the devil."
Zoe 09:30 AM 08-02-2011
I know what you all mean. My DD starts kindy this fall and I CAN'T WAIT! Dear thing is driving me crazy! I think the first day of school I'll be like, "I love you but good riddance." All while crying that my first child is going off to school for the first time. Conflicting huh?!
Meyou 09:36 AM 08-02-2011
Bored SA kids here get to do dishes or fold laundry.

Very, very, very much looking forward to back to school. lol My 7 year old is napping with the babies right now because I just couldn't take her anymore today OR the energy that's needed to keep her from sounding like a herd of elephants while she plays alone.
wash 01:37 PM 08-02-2011
cant come soon enough here!! i will have one in kinder and 3 in 1/2 day preschool all i will have all day is my 2 and a 2 1/2 yr. old

I am just hoping the preschool ones go in the A.M. and get out just in time to eat and have quiet time while the others nap but my luck at least one will be in the P.M. so ill have that one all morning

I just cant take the stomping around Isnt it always the ONE who gets all the others stirred up when he is not here it seems pretty calm for the most part but 5 min after he gets here all h&ll seems to break lose thankfully he is the kinder so should be pretty peacefull this fall
kidkair 02:08 PM 08-02-2011
I have mixed feelings about school starting up again. I'll be happy that the school agers (one in particular) won't be around but I've one 4 year old who may or may not be leaving at that time too. I really wish his mom would make up her mind on that issue and since that's 3 to 4 weeks away I have 2 to 3 before she does or does not give notice. I'll really miss him if he goes since he's been here for 2.5 years now.
VTMom 04:58 PM 08-02-2011
Yay here too!

I'll be going from a 10 yr DCB, two 8 yr DCGs, one 6 yr DCB, a 4 yr DCB and a 2 yr DCB, plus my 6 yr DD and 4 yr DS, to three 4 yr at the same pre-K class three times a week (including my own), the 2 yr DCB, a 1 yr DCG and 2 month old DCB. Total switch in speeds!

Good bye drama and hello bottles and diapers, and a total foreign concept for me... naptime!!!
Hunni Bee 05:03 PM 08-02-2011
We had EIGHTEEN 3, 4 and 5yo's today....with one absent and a new one starting tomorrow.

At one point I wanted to very gently place them all in a box and call UPS to come and get them

They must go back to school soon.
MG&Lsmom 05:30 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I know what you all mean. My DD starts kindy this fall and I CAN'T WAIT! Dear thing is driving me crazy! I think the first day of school I'll be like, "I love you but good riddance." All while crying that my first child is going off to school for the first time. Conflicting huh?!
LOL! I have a 7.5yo DD that is in special ed so she's been going 1/2 days all summer. This is the last week. I'm so not looking forward to her being home all day for 3 weeks. I will dance a dance of joy when she goes back to school. You might find me skipping through the isles singing like that Dad on the Staples commercials!

And then there's her 5yo sister, whom I have just about enough of. She constantly picks fights with the little kids. She's signed up to go to her private Kindy class that starts Sept. 13th, but I'm very much contemplating just registering her for public school instead. Private is 1/2 days mornings and pricey. Public is full days and FREE! It will break her little heart, but Mommy has HAD ENOUGH DRAMA.
boysx5 03:52 AM 08-03-2011
yes I always have a big party the day school starts I make myself brownies and get a special lunch that day we and another provider who lives on my street are doing it together this year. We go back on the 30th can't wait
Tags:start of school
Reply Up