Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Doing The Online CDA ??
Cradle2crayons 12:45 PM 04-17-2013
I recently started with the Mississippi State University Extension program called The Nurturing Homes Inititive (well started that about a month ago) and just recently started another optional program where their sister group offers the CDA online and it's FREE. I'm all for learning if its affordable. Well, I graduated in 1997 from nursing school and then went back online last year and got my bachelors. Anyway, I wondering if anyone else has done this online CDA thing, and what is their experience. It's optional here, as is the NHI which is also free. Licensing for me is also optional for the amount if kids I keep. And although I have no real concrete plans to become licensed in the future, I can't pass up the opportunities of these two free programs that even with my experience, has a lot of info I'm sure I've not covered in college before which can only make me better at what I do.

I've looked over all of the separate parts of the classes and oh gosh it's extensive. I was thinking like maybe 20 or 30 different parts to it but its at least three times that. I wish this was available to everyone, this information would be useful for everyone, no matter how long they have been providers. This program is even more extensive than anything required for licensing here. Wow.
JenNJ 01:53 PM 04-17-2013
My CDA was a pain in the butt to get. It wasn't hard work, just tedious.
Cradle2crayons 01:56 PM 04-17-2013
Yes, so far my experience is that I thought it would be at my pace which is fast. But it takes them so long to grade each thing it's already holding me up, on week one. Especially when you have to go in exact order and each of the 200 sections have to be completed and graded before you can even go to the next topic argggggg
Tags:cda, cda - online
Reply Up