Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Are You From?
dEHmom 07:44 AM 01-14-2011
Maybe this is dumb, but I'd think it's nice, and maybe we can find people close to us who we get together with or something....

I have been noticing in posts some of us are discussing where we are located. And I know it shows in the top right corner where we area, but it's so spread out, if you didn't happen to be in that post you would never know.

But if anyone would like to post where they are, I think it'd be a great way for us to make some good friends!

Starting with me:

Just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Reply
Childminder 07:47 AM 01-14-2011
Waterford, bulls eye of Oakland County, Michigan, US
Reply
SandeeAR 07:49 AM 01-14-2011
As my id says....AR, Arkansas
Reply
missnikki 07:51 AM 01-14-2011
Orange County, CA here, near Disneyland.
Reply
dEHmom 08:20 AM 01-14-2011
wow, thanks for posting ladies.

Hopefully some more will post.

It's neat to think how we all seem to be so close talking daily, or fighting like cats and dogs, but realizing how far apart we truly are. Thank goodness for technology.
Reply
cillybean83 08:21 AM 01-14-2011
Memphis, TN
Reply
marniewon 08:39 AM 01-14-2011
Midland, MI
Reply
kendallina 08:44 AM 01-14-2011
In Southern Ohio, near Cincinnati

from Michigan originally, there are a lot of Michiganders on here...
Reply
Cat Herder 08:51 AM 01-14-2011
Deep/Dirty South, US
Reply
dEHmom 08:51 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Deep/Dirty South, US
lol. funny stuff
Reply
DBug 08:55 AM 01-14-2011
Near Barrie, Ontario, Canada (Canuck to the core!!)
Reply
MARSTELAC 09:15 AM 01-14-2011
...near Rochester, MN
Reply
melskids 09:32 AM 01-14-2011
outside of Cooperstown NY (home of the Baseball hall of fame)
Reply
suzychapstick 09:39 AM 01-14-2011
Kansas City on the Kansas side. I don't post very often, but I'm here every day. Love this forum!
Reply
momma2girls 09:50 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
Maybe this is dumb, but I'd think it's nice, and maybe we can find people close to us who we get together with or something....

I have been noticing in posts some of us are discussing where we are located. And I know it shows in the top right corner where we area, but it's so spread out, if you didn't happen to be in that post you would never know.

But if anyone would like to post where they are, I think it'd be a great way for us to make some good friends!

Starting with me:

Just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
I have a first cousin originally from Iowa that has lived in Winnepeg for a number of yrs. now. She married a Canadian, and she was divorced, and they had a child together, so she really couldn't move back to the states. Now she is happily married to another Canadian.
Reply
dEHmom 09:53 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I have a first cousin originally from Iowa that has lived in Winnepeg for a number of yrs. now. She married a Canadian, and she was divorced, and they had a child together, so she really couldn't move back to the states. Now she is happily married to another Canadian.
HAHA NO DISRESPECT HERE, but CANADA ROCKS! hahaha sorry I love my country.
Reply
laundrymom 09:55 AM 01-14-2011
Indianapolis
Reply
nannyde 10:08 AM 01-14-2011
Des Moines Iowa
The armpit of civilization.
Reply
dEHmom 10:10 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Des Moines Iowa
The armpit of civilization.
Oh is that what smells around here? JK
Reply
nannyde 10:11 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Deep/Dirty South, US
So are you saying you don't have free ranging moose?

If not then I'm not going to move next door to you after all.
Reply
kendallina 10:11 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Des Moines Iowa
The armpit of civilization.
LOL...my husband and his friend grew up calling Ohio the armpit of America (we grew up in Michigan). He really had to eat his words when we moved to Ohio.
Reply
JenNJ 10:30 AM 01-14-2011
About 30 minutes from Philadelphia In New Jersey.
Reply
Blackcat31 10:35 AM 01-14-2011
MN....where we do have free range moose....and raise Olympic hockey players...LOL!!!
Reply
dEHmom 10:36 AM 01-14-2011
i think it would be neat if somehow the computer could calculate how many mins/hrs we are all away from each other.
Reply
momma2girls 10:45 AM 01-14-2011
I am from good ole Iowa as well. I was born and raised here!! I really don't plan on retiring here though!! lol!!! It's too dang cold and snowy here!!
Reply
Cat Herder 10:50 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
So are you saying you don't have free ranging moose?

If not then I'm not going to move next door to you after all.
Sadly, no. BUT we do have 6 species of snakes and 3 species of spiders that are highly venomous
Reply
dEHmom 10:52 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sadly, no. BUT we do have 6 species of snakes and 3 species of spiders that are highly venomous
catherder, you need to move!

OMG worst we have is mosquitos and wasps.
Reply
KEG123 11:00 AM 01-14-2011
Illinois, but might as well be Iowa. (Quad cities-for you other Iowans wondering)
Reply
nannyde 11:13 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sadly, no. BUT we do have 6 species of snakes and 3 species of spiders that are highly venomous


I draw the line at snake.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I can't stand snakes.

big shudder
Reply
nannyde 11:14 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I am from good ole Iowa as well. I was born and raised here!! I really don't plan on retiring here though!! lol!!! It's too dang cold and snowy here!!
It's hotter than hades here in the summer. Fair Time... oh lord
Reply
momma2girls 11:16 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Illinois, but might as well be Iowa. (Quad cities-for you other Iowans wondering)
We fly out of the Quad Cities every other yr.
Reply
countrymom 11:17 AM 01-14-2011
in a little town outside windsor ontario. I'm so close to the michigan border that I shop for my groceries every two weeks
Reply
caregiver 11:22 AM 01-14-2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reply
Missani 11:34 AM 01-14-2011
very near St. Paul, MN (I can see the state Capitol if I walk 1 block away) but I'm actually in a suburb.
Reply
DCMomOf3 11:46 AM 01-14-2011
Western WI but still a "suburb" of Mpls/St Paul MN.
Reply
momofsix 11:56 AM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Midland, MI
We went to Midland for spring break one year (we were pretty poor then!)...you have a cool tridge!
I'm from Grand Rapids MI
Reply
momma2girls 12:27 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by catherder:
sadly, no. But we do have 6 species of snakes and 3 species of spiders that are highly venomous
eww!! Yuck!!!
Reply
DCMom 12:44 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Missani:
very near St. Paul, MN (I can see the state Capitol if I walk 1 block away) but I'm actually in a suburb.
Really? I can see St Paul from our neighborhood park, I'd say we are pretty close together
Reply
littlesunshinesdaycare 01:20 PM 01-14-2011
I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reply
marniewon 01:28 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
We went to Midland for spring break one year (we were pretty poor then!)...you have a cool tridge!
I'm from Grand Rapids MI
Cool! I have family in GR .
Reply
mac60 01:57 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Midland, MI
I have family that live near Midland, MI in Sanford.
Reply
daysofelijah 02:04 PM 01-14-2011
Andover, MN (northern twin cities suburb)
Reply
Michelle 03:00 PM 01-14-2011
Long Beach Ca. very close to the Beach!
20 min. to Knotts Berry Farm and 25 min. to Disneyland...
Reply
Unregistered 04:29 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by littlesunshinesdaycare:
I am in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hi Sunshinedaycare,
Small world. My son and his wife live in Fort Wayne. My daughter-in-law is a nurse at the Lutheran Hospital there. She went to St Francis college there for her RN and also is currently taking classes to get her Master's in nursing, Their name is Jason & Katie Becker. Jas works at the Heritage food and restaurant supply company there. We were just there in Fort Wayne for Thanksgiving with them.
Reply
missnikki 05:02 PM 01-14-2011
Hey Michelle, My husband used to be a manager at the Trader Joe's in Long Beach, the one on 7th and PCH. We were married on the Queen Mary.
Reply
Live and Learn 05:36 PM 01-14-2011
I live in the pacific northwest. I have free range chickens.
Reply
dEHmom 05:39 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I have free range chickens.
hahahahaha that was funny.
Reply
Live and Learn 05:47 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
hahahahaha that was funny.
I really do have free range chickens!
No poisonous spiders or snakes here, no hurricanes or tornadoes....but I can see a volcano at my back window! (Mount St. Helens)
Reply
alyssyn 05:56 PM 01-14-2011
Northeast MS
Reply
dEHmom 05:59 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I really do have free range chickens!
No poisonous spiders or snakes here, no hurricanes or tornadoes....but I can see a volcano at my back window! (Mount St. Helens)
on a trip to BC this summer we got to see mt. st. helens. pretty cool
Reply
E Daycare 06:13 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
In Southern Ohio, near Cincinnati.
Im near Cincy too, right down the road from those nice new outlets in Monroe. My husband and I are from Buffalo NY though and we were stationed here for the last duration of his military career. We were also stationed in Shreveport LA before our move to Ohio 7 yrs ago. We'd love to move home but my husband got a really good job at doing computer crap at GE and we really cant stand all the snow they get in buffalo anymore. LOL
Reply
E Daycare 06:17 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
LOL...my husband and his friend grew up calling Ohio the armpit of America (we grew up in Michigan). He really had to eat his words when we moved to Ohio.
And I agree on the armpit of America! We arent what you would call fans of this place really. If you ever see a blue dodge journey hightailing it down I75 in a fit of rage thats probably me trying to get away from the horrible drivers and/or food.
Reply
dEHmom 06:18 PM 01-14-2011
yay now 2 pages! i was worried this thread wasn't going to get any attention
Reply
mickey2 06:38 PM 01-14-2011
I am from Northern Ontario Canada BRRRRRRR!!!
Reply
dEHmom 06:39 PM 01-14-2011
ditto the brrrrrrrr.......are you getting dumped on for the last few days straight too?
Reply
mickey2 06:43 PM 01-14-2011
Not snowing. Too cold! I wish I could move where it is warmer as I hate the cold but it sure is pretty! Especially where I live out in the country! :-)
Reply
mickey2 06:45 PM 01-14-2011
OOPs post twice LOL
Reply
dEHmom 06:47 PM 01-14-2011
definitely is pretty too until they sand salt and plow, then it's looks horrible. The trees look beautiful with the snow on top, quite like some of the avatars on here. I gave hubby crap for knocking it all off of the trees/shrubs yesterday. he got mad cause as he was shovelling it was falling off, and he'd have to reshovel. Now it's all back though LOL
Reply
AmandasFCC 07:08 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
in a little town outside windsor ontario. I'm so close to the michigan border that I shop for my groceries every two weeks
Really - I lived in Windsor for 4 years for school
Reply
AmandasFCC 07:11 PM 01-14-2011
I'm in the East Kootenays of BC.
Reply
dEHmom 07:14 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
I'm in the East Kootenays of BC.
we drove from Manitoba to BC and back in a motor home. It was pretty scary through mountains. My cousin lives near Duncan, and we went through a few different places including victoria, sidney, vancouver, etc.
Reply
cillybean83 07:15 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by alyssyn:
Northeast MS
Corinth is straight south of me, is that near you?
Reply
QualiTcare 07:38 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by Baybee0585:
i think it would be neat if somehow the computer could calculate how many mins/hrs we are all away from each other.
That's what the person who started mapquest thought I bet!
Reply
dEHmom 07:42 PM 01-14-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
That's what the person who started mapquest thought I bet!
mapquest? are you telling me this idea of mine is already taken? lol, jk.

i just meant in the top corner where it says our location, it would be neat if it said how many miles apart we are too
Reply
QualiTcare 08:08 PM 01-14-2011
i was just messin' around - i know that gets dangerous!
Reply
mommyof3 08:36 AM 01-15-2011
I`m in Cheyenne WY (F.E.Warren AFB) were its cold and windy,the first 22years I was in Germany until I got merried to my Air Force man .
Reply
Angels 12:43 PM 01-15-2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Reply
DBug 02:02 PM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by Children First:
I am from Northern Ontario Canada BRRRRRRR!!!
Where abouts? Farther north than Sudbury?
Reply
Luna 02:42 PM 01-15-2011
Another Canookian here, right on the frosty shores of Lake Ontario
Reply
dEHmom 03:08 PM 01-15-2011
so far 2 from ontario? am I the only manitoban? doesn't seem to be many from canada. I know it is an american website, but still an awesome resource for anyone.
Reply
E Daycare 10:29 AM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by Angels:
Baton Rouge, LA
My husband was stationed at Barksdale AFB in shreveport years ago and I can say that until we lived there I never knew what hot as H3LL meant. Especially since we are Western New Yorkers (almost Canadian really lol). Id take LA winters over anything else though. Im getting cabin fever!
Reply
sahm1225 10:46 AM 01-16-2011
Chicago - gotta love the high cost of living and having the highest state tax in the us.
Reply
MyAngels 12:08 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Chicago - gotta love the high cost of living and having the highest state tax in the us.
Actually, there are several states that have a higher income tax rate than Illinois. They should have tried to cut spending first, though, before they approved such a large tax increase.
Reply
Unregistered 12:28 PM 01-16-2011
Houston, Texas
Reply
WImom 04:29 PM 01-16-2011
New Berlin, WI which is a (Milwaukee suburb)
also known as Packer Country!!
Reply
jenh171 05:53 PM 01-16-2011
I'm at the beautiful New Jersey shore!
Reply
Annette 07:48 AM 01-17-2011
Lower Hudson Valley New York
Reply
momma2girls 07:52 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Houston, Texas
I have a brother that lives in CHannelview. He has for about 20 yrs. now.
Reply
My Lil' Monkeys 11:08 AM 01-17-2011
I live in a small town by Ann Arbor, Mi.
Reply
My Lil' Monkeys 11:11 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Midland, MI
I have family that lives in Midland. We just visited there when Midland got hit really bad with that nasty snow storm in the beginning of December.
Reply
sahm1225 11:48 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Actually, there are several states that have a higher income tax rate than Illinois. They should have tried to cut spending first, though, before they approved such a large tax increase.
Oops, I meant sales tax not income tax...

and i agree about the cutting spending first....
Reply
Unregistered 07:14 PM 01-17-2011
Not dumb at all. Im in Reno, Nevada
Reply
Michelle 07:47 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Hey Michelle, My husband used to be a manager at the Trader Joe's in Long Beach, the one on 7th and PCH. We were married on the Queen Mary.
Cool!
We love this area, we are close to everything, and can't beat the weather!
Reply
momatheart 08:00 PM 01-17-2011
Minnesota SW Suburb of the Twin Cities.
Reply
MyAngels 06:03 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Oops, I meant sales tax not income tax...

and i agree about the cutting spending first....
Now I'm curious - what's your sales tax rate up there? We're at 7.75% here, and I think that's high, too. I wonder if our state will ever get its act together to get its bills paid without bankrupting the middle class in the process .
Reply
Lisa4kids 06:19 AM 01-18-2011
Kincheloe, MI ~ about 25 miles north of the Mackinac Bridge in the Upper Peninsula. I'm new to the forum and very happy I found this site.
Reply
Little People 07:04 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Now I'm curious - what's your sales tax rate up there? We're at 7.75% here, and I think that's high, too. I wonder if our state will ever get its act together to get its bills paid without bankrupting the middle class in the process .
We have 2 sales tax rates,
Food 7.750%
Regular 9.250%
Reply
MommyMuffin 07:07 AM 01-18-2011
30 minutes south of the twin cities in Minnesota. And it is very cold today!!!
Reply
Tags:location
Reply Up