Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>5 Yr Old Spitting =}
pinkcrayonz 10:58 AM 04-12-2011
its bad enough when a liitle kid spits, we dealt with the 3 yr old spitting that was easy and quick, Now this 5 yr old DCG has decided to spit, at me .....before I lose it...please help me get a handle on this, I dont recall having encountered a child this age spitting. She knows its wrong so I know there is some other reason as to why she is doing this... I just need some advise thanks
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by pinkcrayonz:
its bad enough when a liitle kid spits, we dealt with the 3 yr old spitting that was easy and quick, Now this 5 yr old DCG has decided to spit, at me .....before I lose it...please help me get a handle on this, I dont recall having encountered a child this age spitting. She knows its wrong so I know there is some other reason as to why she is doing this... I just need some advise thanks
Oh! Sorry that happened to you....but IMHO, the first time a 5 yr old spit AT me, they would be getting a one way ticket home for the day. If you make it the parents problem they will change the behavior! 5 is waaaay to old to be spitting and the fact that they spit AT you is a big sign of disrespect!
youretooloud 11:17 AM 04-12-2011
I let them know that spitting belongs in toilets. If they have some need to spit... great! Let me just clear out the bathroom for you. They can stand in the bathroom for (whatever amount of time) while they spit in the toilet. "Keep spitting... you can do better than that".

I've only had to do that a few times, and the spitting stops that same day.

It doesn't work with really little kids though, but, I think five is probably old enough.
Tags:5 year old, spitting
Reply Up