Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Mats
jen2651 08:18 PM 04-05-2011
I have run into a great deal on the quad fold sleeping mats (red and blue). I am just wondering how you use them? I have seen people reference a sheet over them, but a twin sheet is way too big?! Do you make your sheets? I can't imagine just having the kids lay on those, don't their little faces stick? And do you use pillows?

Not trying to be a dork, but I have looked for a thread and have just found references to what is done, but no concrete answers...

Thanks much
3kidzmama 08:41 PM 04-05-2011
I use those, and a crib sheet fits perfectly over them.
MarinaVanessa 08:44 PM 04-05-2011
I also use those but I just have small blankets for the kids which I lay out on top.
kidkair 03:48 AM 04-06-2011
I made sheets for mine out of old sheets I had around. I made them basically like pillow cases so they cover completely and stay on. I started off by covering them with a blanket but the kids moved so much the blanket fell off or the kids played with the blanket rather than going to sleep. I also made little pillows that match the sheets. I store all the mats folded and piled on a bookcase. Each kid's blanket is folded and put on their pillow on the top shelf of the bookcase and that makes it easy for me to know who's mat is who's. I strip the mats about every two weeks unless there's excessive drool or an accident then they are stripped immediately.
tulip1969 09:03 AM 04-06-2011
It all depends on the size you get. Some you can use a standard crib sheet on. The ones I use I stick a twin sheet on. It is big but I just tuck it underneath.
Abigail 07:47 PM 04-06-2011
You can always have the parents provide sheets and send them home on Friday's to be washed. I've seen many people just use the mats and have a blanket from home brought. I would personally buy crib sheets--easily found at thrift shops and give each design of color to a certain child so you remember who has which one. Then just fold them in half so the sheets don't touch each other and stack them.
Crystal 05:52 AM 04-07-2011
I use crib sheets. PERFECT fit.
MsMe 05:59 AM 04-07-2011
I have made all of mine. It takes little over a yard of fabric and I LOVE to sew. I have a collection but soemtimes if I have made a new one for a child as they develop a special intrest (thomas the train). It is also fun when the kinders go off to school in th fall they "give" their cover to one of the little ones transitioning into the big nap room. Super cute and they all love to hear about the kids before them that have had their mat. I have kids who stop but for a visit and they always ask " who has my mat now?"
Tags:naptime, sleeping
Reply Up