Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Calling Parents Out?
queenbee 02:54 PM 12-18-2011
I have "forgetful" parents

I require 2 packages of wipes each month for each child due the 1st week of the month. Out of my 12 children - 9 of them have yet to bring wipes for the month of December, even after reminders in person, in texts and on daily reports that wipes are due.

I'm thinking of doing a mass text to everyone. I want to include the names of the families who still need to being in wipes. I'm hoping that being called out will get them in action and will be prevent them from continuing to do this each month.

It's already the 18th of the month - how hard is it to remember to bring in wipes when you do it every month?

Your thoughts?
countrymom 03:25 PM 12-18-2011
buy them and then add it to their bill. I just supply the wipes its so much easier because I use wipes for everything.
Blackcat31 03:33 PM 12-18-2011
I post everyone's names on a big sheet of paper on the bulletin board in the entry way. I cross off each family's name as they comply with whatever I asked.

This way I don't feel like I am calling them out so to speak but yet I am...kwim? No one wants their name ot be left after everyone else has done their part.
PitterPatter 06:26 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I post everyone's names on a big sheet of paper on the bulletin board in the entry way. I cross off each family's name as they comply with whatever I asked.

This way I don't feel like I am calling them out so to speak but yet I am...kwim? [u][u]No one wants their name ot be left after everyone else has done their part.
u would think so anyway huh?

I have a DCM that doesn't care, nothing embarrasses her. I am told every month for everything from summer lotion to daily diapers and wipes, "We don't have the money" right in front of others. Especially pay day when someone else hands me money she will chime in and say "you will have to wait for ours we don't have it" I have been kind and let it go before to see how far she would go, she went 2 months before I put my foot down and said the kids couldn't come back until the total was paid. (wasn't a ton, State clients) She will openly complain that DHHR doesn't give her enough or that theier SS checks were late paying them etc. Everything is always someone elses fault yet she has Marlboros and DCD has Skoal and a backseat full of cases of Mountain Dew.
Hunni Bee 08:44 PM 12-18-2011

This way I don't feel like I am calling them out so to speak but yet I am...kwim? No one wants their name ot be left after everyone else has done their part.
Thats a cool idea. I wish I could do that without being tarred and feathered
frgsonmysox 11:01 AM 12-19-2011

I love that idea!
daycare 11:05 AM 12-19-2011
I have in my rules that if you don't bring supplies for your child, your child cannot stay. In bold. I DO NOT SUPPLY DIAPER OR WIPES are on the first page of the PHB... It is the parents responsibility to do so.

I would have sent child and parent away at the door on day one when they were due if they showed up empty handed. If I was feeling generous, I would say, please bring wipes at pcik-up or __________ cannot return to childcare until I have his/her supplies.

I have actually done it twice and let me tell you this, they never forgot ever again...
cheerfuldom 11:31 AM 12-19-2011
I would either turn them away at the door or charge them and add to the bill. At which point, they will be turned away if they don't pay that.
Tags:forgetful, parents - forgetful
Reply Up