Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New To Childcare Have So Many Questions/Complaints
jgcp 02:19 PM 12-17-2013
Im fairly new to the childcare idustry i started in June of 2013, so that i could stay home with my son. I had worked in a daycare long ago and have been around children all my life, but nothing could prepare me for the children and parents i have had to deal with!!!

First off i do want to say i love being home and i love seeing the progress these kids make it helps me thru the day!!

Buuutt.... I deal with some of the most annoying parents ever!! They do their children such a disservice most of the time it makes me want to pull my hair out!!! The woman from the state said she has never seen one person, with so many troubles right from the get go! thanks that makes me feel better lol!

I have a DCM who wont put her daughter down to bed till 1130 PM ( 23months old) she just dosnt get what i have to deal with the next day because of that, A MONSTER OF A CHILD!! She pays on time and is my only full time child tho, first two months i was ready to throw in the towel i finally told her she had to do something... she mockinly said " you cant handle my 1 1/2 yr old haha", can we slap parents???

The next child is in foster care with grandma and she is ALL NATURAL EVERYTHING! Finally after 5+ months of telling her i think child has ear infection she took him in... Bronchitis and DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! WTH is wrong with ppl poor guy suffered. Pretty sure they brought me a diff child, hes feels so much better!!

And last but not least the dreaded CANNOT PAY ON TIME PARENT
WTH is up with these ppl dont they understand this is a BUSINESS if i had an option it would not be to watch others ppl children( just saying i love children and believe in lots of love and i have alot to give but this is a means to an end i guess) maby i have the wrong frame of mind but these parents who treat you like your just the luckiest person ever cause your home, like i dont do anything, or im doing this cause im bored?!? Nope gotta earn a living here and it dosnt help when they dont pay or ask for refunds cause THEY decide to go outta town...

Im still learning and like another put, i have the backbone of a cooked noodle.
I have a contract, i have policies and procedures so i know i have to just get strict on these and breath my rules ha. Any and all comments and/or help is appritiated Thanks All for reading
Michael 02:24 PM 12-17-2013
Welcome to the forum. I will upgrade your status.

Getting a backbone is must when running your own business. As far as late payment, I would imagine you have a contract that states the policy of "late fees". Start there.

Some reading material: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=backbone

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ate+fee+policy
BrooklynM 02:48 PM 12-17-2013
Wow, 11:30 for bedtime? That is ridiculous! They are probably so overtired! I had one of mine whose parents weren't putting him down until 10:30 and then they were getting him up at 7 in the morning. He is only 18 months old, and my other one that is around the same age sleeps 12 hours at night, every night. So, I started giving the one that was going to bed at 10:30 a nap first thing in the morning after breakfast. He took 2 good naps a day. I felt bad because he was sleeping so much here, and I told the mom and she said it is fine with her, she wanted to spend more time with the child at night. One day the dad came to pick him up and we started talking about his sleeping and he said he was mad at his wife for not getting him to bed earlier. I told him that I didn't want to get in the middle, but for the health of the child (who was always sick, btw) he needs more continuous sleep. He was like- "I knew I was right!". And from then on, he has been going to bed at 8:30.

Sometimes talking to a different parent if you have the opportunity can really help!

Sorry you have so many bad parents!
Blackcat31 02:51 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Im fairly new to the childcare idustry i started in June of 2013, so that i could stay home with my son. I had worked in a daycare long ago and have been around children all my life, but nothing could prepare me for the children and parents i have had to deal with!!!

First off i do want to say i love being home and i love seeing the progress these kids make it helps me thru the day!!

Buuutt.... I deal with some of the most annoying parents ever!! They do their children such a disservice most of the time it makes me want to pull my hair out!!! The woman from the state said she has never seen one person, with so many troubles right from the get go! thanks that makes me feel better lol!

I have a DCM who wont put her daughter down to bed till 1130 PM ( 23months old) she just dosnt get what i have to deal with the next day because of that, A MONSTER OF A CHILD!! She pays on time and is my only full time child tho, first two months i was ready to throw in the towel i finally told her she had to do something... she mockinly said " you cant handle my 1 1/2 yr old haha", can we slap parents???

The next child is in foster care with grandma and she is ALL NATURAL EVERYTHING! Finally after 5+ months of telling her i think child has ear infection she took him in... Bronchitis and DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! WTH is wrong with ppl poor guy suffered. Pretty sure they brought me a diff child, hes feels so much better!!

And last but not least the dreaded CANNOT PAY ON TIME PARENT
WTH is up with these ppl dont they understand this is a BUSINESS if i had an option it would not be to watch others ppl children( just saying i love children and believe in lots of love and i have alot to give but this is a means to an end i guess) maby i have the wrong frame of mind but these parents who treat you like your just the luckiest person ever cause your home, like i dont do anything, or im doing this cause im bored?!? Nope gotta earn a living here and it dosnt help when they dont pay or ask for refunds cause THEY decide to go outta town...

Im still learning and like another put, i have the backbone of a cooked noodle.
I have a contract, i have policies and procedures so i know i have to just get strict on these and breath my rules ha. Any and all comments and/or help is appritiated Thanks All for reading
Welcome to the forum!

One thing to always keep in mind is you are NOT alone.

Somewhere, no matter what you are having to deal with another provider has more than likely dealt with the same or similar issues.

The BEST thing you can do for YOU, in my honest opinion is hang around here. You will find support, info and all sorts of fun...even a little drama now and then too but most of all, you will be able to read things from all sorts of different perspectives and having that at your fingertips is priceless.
Maria2013 03:39 PM 12-17-2013
welcome to the forum
DaisyMamma 02:11 AM 12-18-2013
First, put the 11:30 kid down for nap upon arrival. This kid is not done sleeping for the night.

Second, implement a late payment fee. Mine is $5/day In cash. Write a nice letter stating this starts immediately, or the first of the year if you're feeling generous. I have such a letter I can share if you like. PM me your email addy.

Third, you probably should have called cps on the all natural gma. Glad he is better.

And lastly, welcome!
jgcp 10:28 AM 01-10-2014
Thanks all to your input. Yes being on here has def helped. I finally talked to 1130 mom and she was on board for info for getting her to sleep sooner and she is so its been great!!

The GMA I think gets it now and now takes him to a reg Dr plus the dad is in the picture now.

And the late payers are moving YAY and I already have their spots filled!!! I do have a contract and am getting my backbone I'm starting to feel better about it all. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!!!
Tags:backbone, late fee, late fee policy
Reply Up