Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Refund Money For 4 Days As Child Not Coming Due To Injury
Childcare-yps 09:17 AM 09-28-2017
Hello,

I am so confused nowadays with one parent whose child was injured at home and they were unable to provide doctor note to me that child is fit for daycare as i can see that child was not well on his first day with injury so i asked note for second day. He is in pain in his wound and keep scratching. But that parent doesnt want to believe me and saying, no, he is fine else provide me proof of crying or scratching...
They said either you provide his last week as per notice period (4 days left ) money back or take my child for care without doctor note, he is ready to provide own written note but not from doctor.
So at the end i personally want that child should be at home as he is badly injured so i decided to refund their last 4 days money to them so that thay can keep their child home.

is i am doing wrong ? What should i do?
daycarediva 09:24 AM 09-28-2017
What type of injury does the child have?

What does your contract say?

If he is terminating services, per MY contract, he would owe me for four weeks regardless of attendance.

Why is he unwilling to bring the child to the doctors? That seems suspicious to me. What type of injury does the child have? Is the story consistent between parent/child as to how the injury was sustained?

Are you licensed? Have you contact your licensar to discuss this situation? I would have documentation in writing from the parent that the injury occurred during the child's time with them and NOT at daycare (email, text, etc with the parent telling you how the child was injured)

Depending, I might even contact social services because the unwillingness to bring the child to the doctor unfortunately hints at abuse.
laundrymom 09:33 AM 09-28-2017
I would not. No refunds. No credits for overpayments.
amberrose3dg 09:57 AM 09-28-2017
I would not issue a refund. I would contact licensing asap about this situation and you may want to also contact cps . I am sorry but an accidental injury the parent would be more than willing to see a doctor over. Something sounds really suspicious.
LysesKids 09:59 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Childcare-yps:
Hello,

I am so confused nowadays with one parent whose child was injured at home and they were unable to provide doctor note to me that child is fit for daycare as i can see that child was not well on his first day with injury so i asked note for second day. He is in pain in his wound and keep scratching. But that parent doesnt want to believe me and saying, no, he is fine else provide me proof of crying or scratching...
They said either you provide his last week as per notice period (4 days left ) money back or take my child for care without doctor note, he is ready to provide own written note but not from doctor.
So at the end i personally want that child should be at home as he is badly injured so i decided to refund their last 4 days money to them so that thay can keep their child home.

is i am doing wrong ? What should i do?
No refund & the fact parent is unwilling to get DR is suspect.
I would let licensing know whats happening.
Childcare-yps 01:05 PM 09-28-2017
Hi,

He got injury on his forhead and nose, fell on backyard on some sharp object or so as per parent and they took him to doctor as well and doctor did treatment for laceration he said and ask them to visit in a week for recovery check up.

Yes, i am licensed facility.

That child is in his last week of care as per notice period given by them as per contract policy, but this thing happened on monday so they asked money for remaining 4 days, if i am not taking him for care without doctor note.

they were ready to give own written note but not doctor note, also they were talking so much, like they were asking give me proof that my child was crying here, why would i pick him up if you dont provide the proof of crying.
I got disturb and frustated that how parent cannot beleive my text about their own child, and asking me proof of crying then only they will visit here.

So i decided better i would not talk to them anymore and ready to give refund their 4 days money which is good for thier child to be at home. i know i shouldnt refund but this parent are not ready to take care at home so i decided this.

I am filing unuausal report also to licensing.

For me child safety is above than money so refunding their money and ending the weird discussion with them.

Please share your thoughts on this and also suggest what else i can do now.
MarinaVanessa 02:23 PM 09-28-2017
Maybe the parents figure that since it's their last day of daycare with you that you just want the child to not attend anymore even this week and want to keep the money.

Who decided to terminate the contract? Was it based on a negative reason? What is the reason that they are leaving?
Childcare-yps 02:38 PM 09-28-2017
I dont want to keep the money as that childs need to take rest or they can provide me doctor note and drop at my facility i told them but they were keep messaging weird things like provide proof for crying, or i cant take off from work, blah, blah... so they questioning my care saying you are saying he is scratching wound but he is not even they know thet put bandaid in morning was alrady removed by child in evening, i didnt feel good, and dont want to waste tie on such parents so i said better you dont leave your child here as you dont trust my care, also i will give you 4 days refund if you are looking for it.

Reason for termination is not providing doctor note for child injury.
As per contract i shouldnt return money for 4 days remaining but i am doing because this parents is so irritating and i am done with this family since last 1 month.

I chose mental peace over money,
Tags:injury, refund, refund - due to injury
Reply Up