Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I do this?
familyschoolcare 06:03 PM 10-30-2012
Can I put wooden toys in the dishwasher to clean them?
daycare 06:05 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
Can I put wooden toys in the dishwasher to clean them?
hmmm thats a great question..... I would think that they might end up cracking....BTW what is it that you are trying to wash??
blandino 06:13 PM 10-30-2012
http://www.funcheaporfree.com/2011/1...p-de-germ.html
familyschoolcare 08:00 PM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
hmmm thats a great question..... I would think that they might end up cracking....BTW what is it that you are trying to wash??
Lincoln logs and a marble toy. The marble toy has wooden rails you link together to create a marble maze. I need to disinfectant these things. Not sure how. I usually don't need to worry about disinfecting the toys as the children in my care don't put things in their mouth and until today nobody had any illness besides a common cold.
EchoMom 08:03 PM 10-30-2012
I would say not. If the wood is finished you MIGHt have a shot, but even so, probably not. But even worse, I think Lincoln Logs are unfinished and so would soak in a lot of water and warp.

I think you can just wipe them with a bleach solution cloth and then let them air dry, but then you have to do it all by hand, sorry. I have tons and tons and tons of wooden toys and I still don't know an efficient way to clean them all.
Crystal 08:14 PM 10-30-2012
They will probably end up swelling and cracking.

I use Clorox Anywhere:

http://www.clorox.com/products/cloro...itizing-spray/

First, I clean all of the wooden surfaces with a soapy water solution (in a spray bottle) and damp paper towels. Then, using the clorox anywhere, I spray it on, wait 20-30 seconds and then wipe it with a clean, dry paper towel.

This is accepted for the FCCERS too.
Scout 08:25 PM 10-30-2012
I accidentally put some wooden building blocks in & they seem ok...maybe test one or two logs?
Reply Up