Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Rates
Unregistered 02:11 PM 07-21-2016
I'm just starting out my family daycare and wondering what I should charge for before school care. There are 3 school aged children (siblings) and I'll watch them every morning for an hour, feed them and take them to school. What's reasonable?
Leigh 05:26 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm just starting out my family daycare and wondering what I should charge for before school care. There are 3 school aged children (siblings) and I'll watch them every morning for an hour, feed them and take them to school. What's reasonable?
I'd charge at least $15/day per child, personally.
Nurse Jackie 07:24 PM 07-21-2016
It all depends on your area. I quoted a mom $5 per hour for before school care and she had to talk to her husband and see if they could afford it.
CityGarden 09:09 AM 07-22-2016
I would charge the going hourly rate for a babysitter in your area..... in my area that would be $10-$15 per hour per child or $18-$20 per hour per family with multiple children.

You are providing food, transportation to school and supervision so more than fair in my book.
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I would charge the going hourly rate for a babysitter in your area..... in my area that would be $10-$15 per hour per child or $18-$20 per hour per family with multiple children.

You are providing food, transportation to school and supervision so more than fair in my book.
I agree. ^^^ Food, transportation and supervision provided so don't sell yourself short just because it might not seem like alot. It is.

I also won't take on a child or commitment unless it's worth my time to do it.
Unregistered 11:40 AM 07-22-2016
Thank you all so much! I was quoted $3 and hour per child. It just didn't sound right considering all that I'd be doing.
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you all so much! I was quoted $3 and hour per child. It just didn't sound right considering all that I'd be doing.
I would NOT offer/accept a sibling discount rate either.
You are responsible for all 3 so unless you plan on dropping one of them off a few blocks before the door, I would charge whatever rate you decide on PER child.

Since siblings do not receive discounted care, they should not be getting discounted rates either.
Thriftylady 12:27 PM 07-22-2016
The other thing to keep in mind is will you still be able to transport once you get other kids? That could cause an issue later. For instance I am fine in my mini van with the kids I have right now. One more, and I won't be able to transport without putting one in the front seat and since I have air bags......
Reply Up