Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School Age 1x/Week?
DaveA 04:53 AM 07-15-2019
Our school district just announced instead of random teacher’s institute/ school improvement days they’re going to be dismissing every Wednesday @130. So of course local FB is filled with “Oh my gosh- what am I going to do with my child on Wednesday?” posts. I don’t do part time, but was thinking about posting 1-2 openings for that time.

What would you charge? I’m thinking 2x what would be a normal before/ after school day fee since it’s essentially a drop in care situation.
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Our school district just announced instead of random teacher’s institute/ school improvement days they’re going to be dismissing every Wednesday @130. So of course local FB is filled with “Oh my gosh- what am I going to do with my child on Wednesday?” posts. I don’t do part time, but was thinking about posting 1-2 openings for that time.

What would you charge? I’m thinking 2x what would be a normal before/ after school day fee since it’s essentially a drop in care situation.
Our school district has done this for several years now.

Parents panicked at the announcement but honestly it's all worked out just fine. Whatever the kids did before for after school care they do the same on Wednesdays, just earlier.

Providers that have SA kids just get them earlier that day.

As far as advice for advertising a spot for the day, I won't comment; I wouldn't take SA kids for even half a day for a full week's pay. Just not worth it for me.
Ariana 12:10 PM 07-15-2019
I charge based on number of hours so 4 hours or less is $30 a day. I don’t have a drop in rate.
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 07-15-2019
I second the daily rate of $30 and raise you a $250 damage deposit to be returned at the conclusion of summer, minus costs.
Baby Beluga 01:09 PM 07-15-2019
Ours is starting that this year as well, and parents were worried. However here the aftercare programs are just starting earlier to compensate for that.
Mom2Two 01:41 PM 07-15-2019
We've had "early-out Mondays" forever. Everyone knows about it and "after school" hours just include this and kindergarten 1/2 day care just includes it. We all know the Mondays are different.

I had thrown me once or twice though, where I didn't have a dck out for the K bus at the right time or something, but just have a plan in place for that ahead of time in your policies (either you transport or notify parents or the dck misses school or whatever).
Tags:part time, school age care
Reply Up