Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Boys Getting Urine All Over The RR
christinaskids 08:29 AM 12-08-2011
My bathroom is shot. The caulk around the toilet and sink is so soaked in urine from my daycare boys, i have to get a handyman in here to fix it. I dont know which of the boys is making the mess, but does anyone have any ideas on how to help keep the bathroom clean from this mess? I clean it often, but it is never enough as most of you know.
laundrymom 08:42 AM 12-08-2011
Mine sit. No spraying at all. I also supervise every bathroom trip.
PitterPatter 08:48 AM 12-08-2011
My son sits but I had the same problem before w daycare kids. I don't have a solution to totally stop all drips because sometimes purposly spray around. I started getting those little carpets that go around the front and sides of the toilet and throw them in the washer. Only other thing u can do is check and wipe up after each potty trip so it's not siiting and causing damage. I was able to figure out who my main culprate was so I stopped a great deal by simply cleaning every time he was done. We have a provider down the street here that makes the kids clean up thier own mess. She hasn't had problems since then but I dont think thats fair for the ones who are genuinley doing it by accident.
Zoe 09:11 AM 12-08-2011
If they're going to be messy, then they have to sit down and I supervise until they can behave themselves. It's not cool with me that they mess around in there.
christinaskids 09:14 AM 12-08-2011
My older boys are 5, 7, and another 5 yo. Would that be weird if I told them to sit down? The one 5 yo is autistic, I highly doubt he would understand.
sharlan 09:15 AM 12-08-2011
Mine seem to hit the wall if they are sitting. If they stand, they manage to hit all four walls. I bleach down the toilet area every single day.
Michelle 09:25 AM 12-08-2011
I had a parent tell me one time that her two boys had a pee fight and loved to chase each other around her bathroom "shooting " each other
I am so glad I have girls!
mainegal 09:28 AM 12-08-2011
I like the idea of the rugs around the toilet and then throw them into the wash. The walls, of course, would be a different matter altogether!

How about putting up a shower curtain (velcro to the wall) about 4 feet up the wall on each wall surrounding the toilet? You could cut a slit in the back for it to slip around the plumbing. Trim the length of the curtain so that it slides along the floor about a foot in the back of the toilet, and about 4 inches on the side (so the kids don't step on it and slip). Poke a few pencil-sized holes here and there (where you don't think the children will be aiming) for some air flow behind it. Then put your rug down around the bottom of the toilet.

This way, if you have some who purposely aim for the walls, it will slide down the curtain and not get on your walls. Each week (or more often), just unvelcro and toss in the wash along with the rug (or just spray down in your shower) and hang to dry and then reapply to the wall. If it's a toilet you use on the weekends for guests, simply remove the curtain and no one will be the wiser (reapply before start of business on Monday), especially if the velcro is a color that blends in well with the decor.
mismatchedsocks 09:49 AM 12-08-2011
My boys sit backwards on the toilet facing the back, until they can stand up and reach and aim. I refuse to have potty chairs here, too much mess to clean up with all the regulations. I also refuse to clean up pee from kids who cannot reach the toilet to aim DOWN in it. So backwards it is.
Michelle 10:03 AM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by mainegal:
I like the idea of the rugs around the toilet and then throw them into the wash. The walls, of course, would be a different matter altogether!

How about putting up a shower curtain (velcro to the wall) about 4 feet up the wall on each wall surrounding the toilet? You could cut a slit in the back for it to slip around the plumbing. Trim the length of the curtain so that it slides along the floor about a foot in the back of the toilet, and about 4 inches on the side (so the kids don't step on it and slip). Poke a few pencil-sized holes here and there (where you don't think the children will be aiming) for some air flow behind it. Then put your rug down around the bottom of the toilet.

This way, if you have some who purposely aim for the walls, it will slide down the curtain and not get on your walls. Each week (or more often), just unvelcro and toss in the wash along with the rug (or just spray down in your shower) and hang to dry and then reapply to the wall. If it's a toilet you use on the weekends for guests, simply remove the curtain and no one will be the wiser (reapply before start of business on Monday), especially if the velcro is a color that blends in well with the decor.
that is such an awesome idea! wow, you should write a book!
countrymom 11:08 AM 12-08-2011
I have rugs around the toilet, I thought everyone did. I would start and check after each bathroom break and find out whose doing it. They are too old to be doing this.
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:17 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I had a parent tell me one time that her two boys had a pee fight and loved to chase each other around her bathroom "shooting " each other
Thats fricken disgusting.

What is wrong with people?
youretooloud 12:19 PM 12-08-2011
I don't know how they can be such bad aim. I mean, the toilet is less than an inch away!!!

Drives me nuts.
youretooloud 12:19 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I have rugs around the toilet, I thought everyone did. I would start and check after each bathroom break and find out whose doing it. They are too old to be doing this.
That's actually a good idea. I should do that.

I probably need a shower curtain on the wall too.
kidkair 12:37 PM 12-08-2011
I sit them backwards, supervise/instruct, and make them clean up even genuine accidents because it helps them learn. I am usually the one they learn the potty with and that helps. I'd probably term any new and already potty trained boy who made a big mess on purpose.
kayla 01:49 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
That is sooo gross. What parent in their right mind would allow there kids to pee on each other, that is sick. I had a kid tell me one day when he peed his pants that his brother peed on him. It was not true his brother was not even here. When i said something to the mom shes all oh ya he did pee on him i was all no he didnt he peed his own pants today there hanging on the wall. ughhh boys...I asked my husband how old boys are when they learn how to get it in the hole., Some grown men cant get it in the toilet..
SilverSabre25 02:05 PM 12-08-2011
Originally Posted by kayla:
That is sooo gross. What parent in their right mind would allow there kids to pee on each other, that is sick. I had a kid tell me one day when he peed his pants that his brother peed on him. It was not true his brother was not even here. When i said something to the mom shes all oh ya he did pee on him i was all no he didnt he peed his own pants today there hanging on the wall. ughhh boys...I asked my husband how old boys are when they learn how to get it in the hole., Some grown men cant get it in the toilet..
I hear ya there. I tried to make DH the bathroom (or at least toilet) cleaner because he makes such an atrocious mess (can you tell that I grew up without any brothers!?). He didn't buy it though and so I am stuck cleaning up his mess in there as well as everywhere else in the house.
Tags:bathroom - issues, potty accidents
Reply Up