Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Must be the Season for Potty Training :)
Unregistered 05:36 PM 05-26-2010
We have 4 toddlers who are being potty trained right now. Their parents are all working with them at home (or so they say), and they say their child is doing well at it. Only thing is, here at daycare, if they actually even say they have to go potty, they won't "go" once we sit them on the toilet. They just sit there and talk and want to wipe themself, then flush when they're done. It seems almost like it's a new fascination for them, but they don't understand that they're supposed to actually "go potty" on the toilet. It's like a game and they still like to play in the toilet water, and stick stuff in it. Are they ready yet? Usually they tell us after they've already done it in their diaper. One girl is 3 now, and we've been putting her in panties, like her mom asked us to. A pull up doesn't work for her because she looks at it like it's permission to potty her pants instead of in the potty. we ask her every little bit if she has to potty, we have her sit on the toilet, and she "goes potty", but not 15-30 minutes later, she's already "had an accident" in her panties. She never tells anyone on her own if she has to potty. She just automatically uses her pants. I wonder, since she can't even go 30 minutes without going potty in her pants, is she even ready for potty training?
I need all the potty training advice you can give me! What we're doing now doesn't seem to be working, and I'm getting frustrated. Plus it's hard because with that many being potty trained at once, that means a lot of time spent in the bathroom, where we can't help keep an eye on the others and with that much time spent in the bathroom, we can't expect all the other kids to troop in and watch everytime. It's just myself and the owner with, on average, 12 kids daily. We have a VERY rough bunch, with hitting, name calling, and constant tatteling, not to mention other toddlers running around getting into EVERYTHING, and dumping boxes of toys out all over the floor. So if we're in the middle of a craft, and we need to take a child potty, one person is left with 12 kids doing a craft, trying to keep the other toddlers from running off with the scissors, grabbing a crayon and marking all over the walls, dumping everything out, etc etc. And forget about trying to do a craft in small groups, while the others have free play!
Anyway, any advice you can give on how to potty train would be very helpful!
Tags:potty training
Up