Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Was Nothing Done During the Swine Flu Pandemic?
Valerie928 04:43 AM 03-13-2020
Why is everything shutting down over the coronavirus? Why is there so much panic? I only ask because I do not remember a damn thing closing down during the swine flu pandemic. It was business as usual while thousands of people died. The swine flu was most dangerous/deadly to people in their 30's/40's, it spared the older folks but again nobody went into freak out mode. I DON'T UNDERSTAND
Cat Herder 05:24 AM 03-13-2020
We lost lives unnecessarily during the last pandemic by keeping it low key to avoid economic panic and learned from it. That is why they are educating and using more caution this go-round.
Snowmom 07:39 AM 03-13-2020
I also remember there being a immunization fairly quickly.
Ariana 11:04 AM 03-13-2020
We got a vaccine within a few months and no one was prepared for the pandemic. This time we are acting faster (maybe not even fast enough).
Unregistered 05:10 AM 03-16-2020
There was. I remember standing in a long line with several hundred people trying to get my then toddler vacinated. I remember the county was in charge of doing the vaxes and he had to have two like a month apart.
Msdunny 06:08 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
We lost lives unnecessarily during the last pandemic by keeping it low key to avoid economic panic and learned from it. That is why they are educating and using more caution this go-round.
This
Valerie928 06:38 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
This
We were already in the middle of our biggest recession. Also, people are panicking.
Unregistered 06:50 AM 04-26-2020
There was. My now 13 year old was about 2 or 3 so and I remember standing in a line hundreds long at a pop up vaccination site. I believe the swine flu already had vaccinations available at that time because it wasn't new. Its been around for years just rare. He had to get two vaxes. One at the pop up vaccination site the county was doing then the second a few weeks later at his peditrician. He needed the first shot to continue attending daycare.
Vesta 02:15 PM 04-26-2020
If you’re interested, here’s what was done.
https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/cdcresponse.htm
Msdunny 12:44 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
We were already in the middle of our biggest recession. Also, people are panicking.
Are you saying we were in the middle of a recession before the locks downs? or Swine Flu? Because I don't think we've been in a recession lately. Maybe, but I must have missed that information.
bklsmum 02:34 PM 04-28-2020
A little over 12,000 people died from H1N1 over an entire YEAR. Obama followed the advice of the CDC and the WHO and it was handled as well as it could have been and we lost WAY less than predicted and Obama still accepted all responsibility and said things could have been done better. So far we have lost over 58,000 in less than 2 months and will lose thousands more in this round alone with more waves expected. This is a different situation in many ways.
Unregistered 08:01 AM 04-29-2020
The truth is that we all are born to die. We need to live our lives so that when we DO go, everything we did had some meaning, joy, or impact on the world (even if it's ONE person). The fact a disease takes out so many people at once, may be a natural phenomenon. Then, life recycles. We can hole up in our homes, not really living, just to die anyway.

I don't think coronaviruses are rare. I believe that this particular one was mutated in a lab, maybe as research or maybe as biological warfare. There IS a vaccine. It has been tested on cats for some time. The vaccine was available on black market and patented but NOT FDA approved for use in animals. The REAL researcher/vet gets NO recognition for his work during this.

Make no mistake, this IS no mistake. For all the thousands of years, people have been eating raw animals or seafood never getting THIS kind of illness (other types, bacterial, parasitical, etc. Yes) but in a 2020 election year, suddenly this happens? Yeah...no. It's all too timely.
Tags:coronavirus, covid-19, h1n1, swine flu
Reply Up