Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Charging for Part-Time Care
Unregistered 07:29 AM 05-27-2010
Hello
I am starting a daycare in my home and had planned on charging about $110 per week for toddlers who are potty trained. I recently received an email from an interested parent asking what I would charge for only 2 days during the week (8 hours each).
I have heard of some daycares charging the full weekly fee regardless of how many hours they have the children in their care, but I just don't see that as fair. I would like to reduce the weekly fee for this parent, but am not sure what to charge.
Anyone else have experience with this?
What would you recommend I charge for 2 days?
pigletsmommy 12:49 PM 05-27-2010
I charge a daily rate as all my dck are part time but one. I think this is something we all must go thru in the beginning. Once you get experience and your name is 'known" then you are more likely to get the full time families. That being said, my full time dcg was part time until 2 weeks ago

Anywho... your rate is 110 a week or that is $22 a day. I would pad it a little for part time kids, as its harder to fill in the rest of the week with other children...the cheapest I would say is $25-30.
AfterSchoolMom 01:16 PM 05-27-2010
I agree with pigletsmommy - $25-30 per day at least. I think $60 a week for two full days is more than reasonable. That's still only $3.75 an hour.
momma2girls 03:58 PM 05-27-2010
I have a min. of 3 days per week now at $30.00 per day.
Tags:charge, part time, part time care
Reply Up