Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Necessary is Photo / Video Authorization?
kdparadise 12:46 PM 05-27-2010
If I put in my own surveillance, I don't need a parents permission. But for use if they would like on my website or to share on FaceBook or to print for use in the room or whatever, do I really need them to sign a consent? I am naive here, sorry, I'm new at this. I understand issues with safety of children and molestation or child **** etc...
Crystal 01:16 PM 05-27-2010
Yes you do. ESPECIALLY if you intend to put them on-line or in any type of advertising. You could get in BIG legal trouble if you don't.
MarinaVanessa 01:51 PM 05-27-2010
Yup, anytime that you are using an image of another person's child for advertising purposes or to share it with potential clients you need permission from the parents. If you're going to make money off of it directly or indirectly you should have them sign a waiver.

When I started I had a binder that I used as a sort of portfolio of activities and such that we had done with the kiddos so that potential clients could leaf through it during their visit and see some of the things that we did together. One mom acted all prickly about it and tried to make a big fuss so I had the parents sign a waiver. That one mom refused so I had to remove any pictures of her child or cover the face with a happy face sticker and I just stopped taking pictures of her child. She really kicked herself in the bum though because I'm a photographer on my off-daycare hours and so I'd take these great photos of these parents children and give them copies so they were getting for free what I charge $60 an hour to do. Once she got all uppity she stopped getting free pictures even after she decided to sign the waiver afterall.

mamajennleigh 03:18 PM 05-27-2010
Look at those blue eyes, MarinaVanessa, WOW. Holy moly what a beautiful baby!
tenderhearts 03:38 PM 05-27-2010
What a cutie!!!! He is absolutely adorable
originalkat 03:58 PM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Yes you do. ESPECIALLY if you intend to put them on-line or in any type of advertising. You could get in BIG legal trouble if you don't.
That is what I was going to say as well.
Tags:photo permission
Reply Up