Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Are Parents So Inconsiderate Sometimes!!
TSDaycare 10:05 AM 12-06-2010
I know there have been quite a few threads about payment issues- but why are parents so inconsiderate when it comes time to pay us! "Oh i totally forgot", or " I didn't have time to go to the atm on the way and I dont have my checkbook". You pay me on the same day EVERY SINGLE WEEK, how do you just forget! Sometimes I am tempted to change certain parents terms-pay me for two weeks ahead of time instead of weekly, these of course are parents who receive child support-I know when they get their check and the entire check goes towards childcare! I just need to vent-how would they like it if their boss just forgot to sign their check and said "oh well, I will get it to you tomorrow". You know sometimes we are just taken for granted like we do nothing all day. This is my paycheck, I need it, my mortgage company could give two craps if you forgot to go to the atm this morning! And as far as late payment fees-they could care less-whats $10 extra dollars?!
AfterSchoolMom 10:10 AM 12-06-2010
At least yours will pay late fees. Mine ignore them like they aren't even there.
laundrymom 10:11 AM 12-06-2010
I'm so sorry you have had to deal with this. It really seems like this is one of the most habitual faults of many clients. I actually changed my policy to 15 per day for late payments. Effective for any contracts I sign from now on

Originally Posted by sdb20636:
I know there have been quite a few threads about payment issues- but why are parents so inconsiderate when it comes time to pay us! "Oh i totally forgot", or " I didn't have time to go to the atm on the way and I dont have my checkbook". You pay me on the same day EVERY SINGLE WEEK, how do you just forget! Sometimes I am tempted to change certain parents terms-pay me for two weeks ahead of time instead of weekly, these of course are parents who receive child support-I know when they get their check and the entire check goes towards childcare! I just need to vent-how would they like it if their boss just forgot to sign their check and said "oh well, I will get it to you tomorrow". You know sometimes we are just taken for granted like we do nothing all day. This is my paycheck, I need it, my mortgage company could give two craps if you forgot to go to the atm this morning! And as far as late payment fees-they could care less-whats $10 extra dollars?!

Tags:bad parent, inconsiderate
Reply Up