Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Awesome Lot of Rescue Heroes...So Disappointed!
TBird 09:08 AM 06-08-2011
Are you guys familiar with Rescue Heroes??? They are the sturdy (chunky) action figures that represent all kinds of every day heroes like Firemen, Policemen, Life Guards, Pilots, so on and so forth. In other words, the PERFECT toys for little DCB's!!! Well......I found BOXES and BOXES of them, all with accessories, at a yard sale recently. I bought every last one of them....there must be 60 figures and 100 accessories (all dusty but in PERFECT condition)....all for $10.

Here's where the disappointment comes in....my DCB's (one is 3 and the other will be 3 in July) have NO CLUE how to play with them!!! I lay them out, let them choose, put the interchangeable accessories on for them and guess what??? They wind up playing with sticks, old shoes, rocks....whatever is NOT the Rescue Heroes. WHAT ON EARTH??? It's a WONDERLAND of stuff and me and my 11 year old son wind up playing with them after hours. I'm SUCH a baby over this....I am SO disappointed guys....
countrymom 09:10 AM 06-08-2011
I have them here and the dcb's love them so much, I would have been all over that lot. Heck even my own kids play with them (and they are older) right now the rescue heros and the ninja turtles all live in my dd's doll house and they ride in cars together.
PitterPatter 09:13 AM 06-08-2011
That is awesome! I too got a deal like that that had the station towers and all! I bought them for my son about 4 yrs ago. The kids all still play with them but the stations are so big I cant keep them out so they are in the attic.

Maybe sit down with them and show them how to play. Act out a scene or better yet play with them while u watch 1 of their videos. They will get the hang of it I'm sure. I would be bummed out too but if nothing else future kids may enjoy them.
Ariana 09:55 AM 06-08-2011
What about showing them HOW to play with them?! Start playing with them yourself and have a great time and see what happens
nannyde 10:53 AM 06-08-2011
Oh I'm so glad you wrote this. I have a huge lot of these guys in my garage that my son used to play with. Time to clean those guys up and get them into play.

Don't worry about whether or not they take to them right away. They will eventually. Just keep them out and once they get bored with sticks and rocks they will start putting the guys into their sticks and rocks.

Toys that don't light up and make noise are sometimes very unfamiliar to this generation of kids. They don't recognize a toy that doesn't DO something. You just have to have a lot of exposures to get them to understand that they are the ones who DO with the toy.

I wouldn't show them how to play with them because it will give them the idea that YOU do something with them. They have enough of that in their home life. It's the idea that THEY are the ones who DO... that they need to get. You showing them will only postpone them taking to them.
Meyou 06:09 AM 06-09-2011
My kids LOVE rescue heroes. I would just put them out and eventually they'll realize they have a whole village of real life heroes to play with.
Unregistered 07:15 PM 08-13-2011
Go ahead and play with them in front of the kids. Sometimes kids need to see how to play with action figures. If they are like my 3 year old, watching you play will make the Rescue Heroes more desirable.
LittleD 10:11 PM 08-13-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Go ahead and play with them in front of the kids. Sometimes kids need to see how to play with action figures. If they are like my 3 year old, watching you play will make the Rescue Heroes more desirable.
I totally agree. You hAve to show them how to play. Emact a few different scenarios to get them a feel for how it is to use thoer imagination. They will eventually pick it up.
Hunni Bee 05:23 PM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
Are you guys familiar with Rescue Heroes??? They are the sturdy (chunky) action figures that represent all kinds of every day heroes like Firemen, Policemen, Life Guards, Pilots, so on and so forth. In other words, the PERFECT toys for little DCB's!!! Well......I found BOXES and BOXES of them, all with accessories, at a yard sale recently. I bought every last one of them....there must be 60 figures and 100 accessories (all dusty but in PERFECT condition)....all for $10.

Here's where the disappointment comes in....my DCB's (one is 3 and the other will be 3 in July) have NO CLUE how to play with them!!! I lay them out, let them choose, put the interchangeable accessories on for them and guess what??? They wind up playing with sticks, old shoes, rocks....whatever is NOT the Rescue Heroes. WHAT ON EARTH??? It's a WONDERLAND of stuff and me and my 11 year old son wind up playing with them after hours. I'm SUCH a baby over this....I am SO disappointed guys....
If they don't come around, feel free to box some of them up and send them to me

My guys would go ape...and probably the girls too.
Abigail 06:34 PM 08-14-2011
Can you post of picture or attach of link? I have not bought any action figures or many boy toys for that fact and need to do my research on what to get. Action figures of some sort is on my list.
momofsix 08:58 AM 08-15-2011
I found some rescue hero books that I read to the kids when I first introduce them. The stories give them some ideas to go with and also teach them that they are not fighting heroes but helping heroes!
Tags:rescue heroes, toys, toys - rescue heroes
Reply Up