Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At What Age Do Your DCKs Stop Taking Morning Naps?
CedarCreek 11:17 AM 12-11-2013
I have a dcb who is 14 months. He arrives at 7:15 and goes down at 9:30. He sleeps until 11:00. He then plays, eats lunch, plays some more and goes back down at 1:30. He is up at 3:00 and then Mom picks up at 4:45.

Yesterday she was looking over his daily report and she gave sort of a "tisk,tisk" and said, "Man, he's still taking those morning naps, huh? I guess wherever we end up going is going to be the end of that." (I'm closing my DC on Friday)

I was sort of puzzled. I said, "It shouldn't be a problem wherever you go that he still takes a morning nap. By 9:30 he is really cranky and he WANTS a nap."

She just replied that her nephews are around his age and they don't take morning naps.....

In my head I'm thinking, well those are your NEPHEWS not your SON. But I just ended up repeating that he needs it and she mentioned that on the weekends he doesn't get a morning nap.

I'm not changing anything about his routine for our last days together. I was just wondering at what age your dcks stop taking their morning naps. I didn't think he was too old at all to not need them.
Tags:morning naps, nap time, sleep
Up