Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Welp...
BGM 10:03 AM 10-28-2018
I just sent an email to my new parent that didn't pay until 3-4 days into care. Payment is due on the first day and then every Friday after that for the following week. Pretty standard practice, I feel.

She didn't pay on Friday. She gets government assistance, but it isn't enough to cover all of her fees. She also asked me why she was charged for 50 hours when she only used 45, so I had to explain to her (even though this is all in my handbook that she brought printed out at our interview) that you pay for the hours you put in your contract. I never heard from her again.

It's Sunday afternoon and I think she plans on coming to daycare tomorrow for free? I emailed her that I hadn't received her payment yet and I will require her tuition today or at drop off tomorrow in order to care for her child.

I hate being the bad guy and demanding money from people who I know are probably having a hard time, but c'mon man. I have to pay my bills, too...
amberrose3dg 05:01 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by BGM:
I just sent an email to my new parent that didn't pay until 3-4 days into care. Payment is due on the first day and then every Friday after that for the following week. Pretty standard practice, I feel.

She didn't pay on Friday. She gets government assistance, but it isn't enough to cover all of her fees. She also asked me why she was charged for 50 hours when she only used 45, so I had to explain to her (even though this is all in my handbook that she brought printed out at our interview) that you pay for the hours you put in your contract. I never heard from her again.

It's Sunday afternoon and I think she plans on coming to daycare tomorrow for free? I emailed her that I hadn't received her payment yet and I will require her tuition today or at drop off tomorrow in order to care for her child.

I hate being the bad guy and demanding money from people who I know are probably having a hard time, but c'mon man. I have to pay my bills, too...
And when you enforce policies they just stop showing up.
DaveA 05:24 AM 10-29-2018
Don't feel bad about enforcing your policies, especially on payment.
e.j. 10:38 AM 10-29-2018
You're not the bad guy. She agreed to pay you when she enrolled her child with you. It's just sad and frustrating that you have to ask for the money you've earned caring for her child when she knows she owes it.
Tags:awkward, late payment, late payment letter, late payment policy, parent disputes
Reply Up