Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Oh Dear

So, the toddlers are sleeping so i decided to start a load of laundry....my washer is possessed by satan! It's jumping around and making all sorts of noise! I just turned it off...I figure the hubs can look at it tonight....this stinks I have a LOT of laundry to do!

And the scariest part....the kids didn't wake up, I stood over both of them to make sure they were still breathing lol
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Not to make you sound dumb at all, b/c I've done this...is the machine set to a small load when you have a large one in? I never do small loads, but sometimes my kids will, and they don't put it back to large and the machine goes crazy!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

haha, you don't need to make me look dumb, i do a fine job of that on my own!

it's set to large, but i probably overstuffed it or something....i hate laundry and i think the washer is out to get me! lol
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

I feel for you! I am on my 4th machine since 1994!!!! Made sure I got the extended warranty with this one!!LOL Good luck! Best laid plans too....I always try to do something constructive when my little ones are napping
Hope your hubby can fix it for you!!!

Last edited by GG~DAYCARE; 02-09-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Talking

that happens to me too....usually the load is off balance...and its usually when I stuff too many towels in it! Was it during the spin cycle?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Little People

cillybean, I have been in a funny mood the last few days...So the washer.. you did not try to put the couch in it so you could then dry it to shrink it, did you?

I had that to happen years ago and it was something to do with the balance of the tub, the man fixed it fir about $25.00.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

no, i mailed the couch to you, be looking for the fed ex guy! hahaha
Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that happens to me too....usually the load is off balance...and its usually when I stuff too many towels in it! Was it during the spin cycle?
What she said. The washer posessed by satan comment made me LOL! Ain't it the truth!

Where I work, the kadiddles just get to sleep and the ruddy phone usually rings - LOUDLY! GRRR! Sad thing is - none of us know how to lower the volume! (there's never time -we're always too busy with the kids.)

Tags
laundry, washing machine