Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Febrile seizure
Unregistered 07:27 AM 10-09-2014
Any one have experience with these? I have an 11 month old dcb who had two in a four hour period. The first one lasted 3 mins and the second lasted for 25 minutes. He hasn't been back in to daycare since he had them but I am nervous to take him because he gets fevers all the time. What do I do if he has a seizure here in front of my other daycare kids???
momofsix 07:51 AM 10-09-2014
My oldest dd had them. Once I knew what they were it was easier to prevent them At the FIRST sign of a fever we had to piggy back Tylenol and Motrin in order to keep her fever down. I would make sure that his parents (or another emergency contact) are able to come immediately should he start a fever (within 5 minutes).
Why does he get fevers all the time?
Second Home 07:55 AM 10-09-2014
With a fever he should not be in daycare , he should stay home . Check his temp every day he comes in and many times throughout the day if it will help you feel better.

Did they take him to the dr? They should have especially if he had more than one .

My dd had one at 9 months old after a few days of being ill and kept being sent home from the drs. I finally broke down at the hospital ( 2nd time there ) and begged them to not to send us home again , they ended up keeping her and running tests . Turns out she had viral meningitis .
pandamom 08:02 AM 10-09-2014
One of my sons had a few of them. Like Momofsix, you learn how prevent/combat them. I also did piggy back Advil/Tylenol and even carried suppositories in my purse all the time just in case.

If that combination didn't keep his fever down, I'd either take him in to urgent care or his pediatrician because it meant he had an ear infection or some other infection. Once he was on antibiotics, his fever would get better.
Unregistered 08:55 AM 10-09-2014
This baby gets frequent ear infections and bronchitis. He stayed in the hospital over night and they ran test and found nothing so they sent him home. You don't get a fever of 104.5 from nothing I'm sure he must have some infection causing the high temp.
crazydaycarelady 03:06 PM 10-09-2014
I have had 2 different kids have them here. The first child had already had some at home so I knew it could happen. The second kid that had one had never had them before and had his first one here.

It is very scary when it happens and afterwards they are usually totally wiped out exhausted. Both times I have just picked them up and held them while it happened. The were not jerking around crazily, it was more just a little vibration while at the same time being unresponsive.
Reply Up