Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nonpayment
awestbrook713 04:09 AM 11-07-2011
If I include this policy in my policies and procedure can I legally hold the parents responsible for legal fees incurred to collect my money. Oh and if you think I need to word it differently feel free to tell me:

Nonpayment will result in immediate termination, and it will be up to the provider on whether she takes legal action to collect the fees due her, if she does take legal action you will also be responsible for any legal fees incurred to collect money due her.
SilverSabre25 05:16 AM 11-07-2011
Yes, you legally can.

I would give them, say, up to a week late, before you terminate. My new contract is going to state that they can accrue late fees or $10/day for up to 5 days, then after 5 days they will be terminated and I'll take legal action.
awestbrook713 05:23 AM 11-07-2011
I borrowed something from someone on here and it says this:

If payment is not made within 3 days of the due date, your child will not be accepted into care until payment, including all late fees. If a period of 1 week passes without payment received, the contract will be terminated and the position filled.
cheerfuldom 06:06 AM 11-07-2011
I don't even give the 3 days. Thats 3 days that they could get for free if they plan and leave. I do a "no pay, no stay"
Meyou 06:14 AM 11-07-2011
3 days for me is the Friday payment is due, Saturday and Sunday so Monday works as no pay no stay.
awestbrook713 06:20 AM 11-07-2011
I agree with meyou, that is an awesome way to handle it, you would know since your the one who gave me the idea. Pay day is friday for me so if they don't pay me over the weekend they won't be allowed on monday.
MyAngels 06:25 AM 11-07-2011
If you want to collect the attorneys fees and costs associated with non-payment, you need to specifically state that in your contract.

In the event of termination of the contract, all child care fees and late fees will become immediately due and payable. In the event that collection becomes necessary, you will be responsible for all costs of collection, including collection agency fees, attorneys fees and court costs.
awestbrook713 06:35 AM 11-07-2011
Thank you, that does sound better and more professional.
Tags:legal, non-payment
Reply Up