Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Taking The Good With The Bad :)
PitterPatter 03:39 PM 12-23-2011
Well it happened I knew it would as it does every holiday/special occasion. I gave out many gifts to 1 certain family and even though I tried very hard to get a Merry Christmas at the very least all I got was nonpayment, a giggle and "see ya"

I gave out coupon books with coupons like $5 off and late payment waivers etc. DCM tells me she is using them now because she can't pay until after the 1st of the year. Well that's a nice Merry Christmas to me. Then DCM couldnt carry all the gifts and stockings and boxed goodies etc so I had to pack them in 2 big shopping bags. As I packed she was busy snooping and asking what all was in there. I told her as I packed the 2nd bag and she continued to snoop in the 1st bag. I warned her as she hurridly picked them up not to bang them as there was also a couple fragile items (ornaments) in there the kids had made. She didn't care she was in a hurry to grab her loot and go. She picked up the bags before the kids even had their coats on and then told me to zip the kids up becuse her hands were full.

LOL Ok lady whatever I thought as I expected as much. THIS is the "ringtone DCM" hehe. I zipped the kids coats told them Merry Christmas and DCM walks out the door letting the screen shut on the kids. I opened it and said Well Merry Christmas this time louder. DCM just walks down the stairs and onto the sidewalk with the bags of goodies. I said "wait for the kids the steps might be slippery from the rain and I can't leave the other kids to help them down." She says "aah their ok they can hold the railing I got my hands full" and holds up the bags and giggles. GIGGLES!!! She has the gimme giddies!

The kids manage to get down and I yell to the car again. "Merry Christmas you guys I hope you have a wonderful weekend" The kids yell Merry Christmas and DCM yells "See Ya" and puts the bags in the car and hurries the kids in and shuts the door. Now I didn't expect a thank you this time. I used to get upset but I know she is rude and has a huge case of the gimmies and your basic entitlement syndrome. BUT I did expect a simple Merry Christmas said back. I mean it is just common respect right? At least a have a good weekend... something. When will I ever learn some people just have no manners.

NOW for the good news!! I took on a new client last week and they are a blessing (so far, knock wood, u know how that goes) She is very nice and I even gave the coupon books out and told her how they work she didn't even use any of the $5 off etc. She paid me in full, on time AND even gave us a Christmas gift box with all kinds of chocolates in it!! I was not expecting anything! She doesn't even know my giving routine. She even told me she felt bad accepting all the gifts I gave. Sooo nice to have manners. I had about 10 thank yous a big hug and a few Merry Christmas's before she even opened the door to leave! She got home and sent a text thanking me again! Thank you Jesus for sending me the client I have been praying for!

She and her son are both respectful! I am very blessed!

I hope everyone else can be blessed this season! I am soo lucky I want to go play the lottery!
rbmom 04:00 PM 12-23-2011
Thank goodness for the "good" ones!!
Ariana 04:10 PM 12-23-2011
Originally Posted by rbmom:
Thank goodness for the "good" ones!!

Kaddidle Care 04:48 PM 12-23-2011
You play that lottery and get a ticket with the Birthday numbers of the kids of Ms. Rude! It would suit her that YOU win with her kids numbers! hehe!

The Post still comes tomorrow - got time for a term letter?
Tags:christmas gifts parents, non-payment, ringtones
Reply Up