Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rates Too Low???
Unregistered 09:06 AM 10-12-2015
I am registered with this site but today nothing is working with my password and I am trying to get it sent to my email. Until it does, I am hidden

I have recently started my family daycare up back up after being closed for about 6 years. I am using the same rates as I did back then and have been told my prices are amazing. I have decided to charge what others charge in my area but no one is willing to share their prices and I do not feel comfortable lying to these providers and pretending I would like to inquire about care. I feel it is best to be honest.

Anyways, I live in VA near Virginia Tech and was wondering if anyone knows the going rates around here. I am changing my rates with new contracts and updated handbook in 2016 and need help-.

Newborn - 23 months- $110.00 a week
24months - and up - $100.00 a week

I know they are too low but what is resonable??
Controlled Chaos 09:51 AM 10-12-2015
Not sure for your area, but I live in a low cost of living area and charge $30 a day for all ages ($650 a month). I charge more for part time.
Second Home 10:12 AM 10-12-2015
Is there a child find service in your area that helps people find childcare? Many times they have providers listed in their database and prices are listed online.

I was at a training a week ago . One provider said during lunch " OK, anyone want to share their rates ?" For us we are not supposed to let other providers know our rates ( per regs) because the state does not want price fixing or whatever . But some providers starting saying what their range was .Found out I am $25-$50 lower than the other prices mentioned . It is hard to figure out prices if you are not allowed to ask others.
LysesKids 10:22 AM 10-12-2015
I live in TN and charge 130 week in an area that gets 100-125 week (in home) for licensed exempt providers... By VA Tech I would think you would get at least that. Offer Game day services on the weekends too... I know that area books up like crazy for home games (I've stopped there on the way to MD enough times to know lol)
CalCare 05:04 PM 10-12-2015
Where we are, those rates are less than half. Centers charge 1000, 110, 1200, on up for one month.
FCC's are only slightly less or sometimes more! I just looked up a couple of our local FCC websites. One lady is $86/day- for whatever number of days you contract for- not drop in. Meaning a full timer is $340/week.
This is in ca
nothingwithoutjoy 08:25 PM 10-12-2015
Tuition rates at Rainbow Riders Child Care Center, Blacksburg:
https://www.rainbow-riders.org/dotne...odTuition.aspx

How does what you offer compare?
Tags:rate increase
Reply Up