Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Beyond Ticked Off
lovemykidstoo 03:13 PM 10-13-2017
I have a very cute dcb that is nearly 3. He comes 3 days a week. Mom works retail, so drop off is anywhere from 8:30 to 11:00 Dad always picks up. Dad gets out of work at 5:00 and gets here either exactly at 5:30 or a minute or two past 5:30. Most of my people pick up by 5:15. My info sheet says 5:15, but since he got a new job I said I would let him pick up until 5:30. He comes waltzing up my driveway like he's a half hour early. I tell him, you're late. You HAVE to be on time. I know, I had a call, or I know this or that. I tell him, I don't care, you have to be here on time. I tell his wife who chews his ass out. Today it's 5:31 and here he comes, la la la up the driveway. I hold my phone up to the window. He says what's that? I said, you're late. He says it's only 1 minute. So I start chewing on him saying I don't care if it's only a minute, you're late. He says, what time did he come today like 10 or 11, so you've only had him like 6 hours? I said, it doesn't matter how long he's been here, you're late. Are you fricken kidding me? Then he backpeddals realizing he just said the dumbest thing and says oh I meant what time does the first child come? I said 7:30. He says, oh yea that's a long day. I said yes, that's why you need to be on time. WTH
Unregistered 03:47 PM 10-13-2017
Ah yes, my favorite. They do not understand/care that our day starts before the FIRST child gets in and doesn't end until the LAST child leaves. This is why I side eye interviewee's who want me to open early and claim I should do it for free because they pick up "early."
Um, my day doesn't end just because your child leaves.

He sounds like a peach. TGIF!!
storybookending 06:37 PM 10-13-2017
My brother this turning out to be this daycare dad. Niece is almost 2. Up until about a month ago he worked in a different town 45 minutes the wrong direction so mom did all drop offs and pick up. One day last week he was 5 minutes late. I messaged mom half kidding/half serious at 5:31PM. The next day he decided it was okay to be 12 minutes late. I slapped him with a late fee which honestly I don’t think he cared one bit about but man did his wife chew him out. I don’t see him being late again. She’s the boss in that family.
Unregistered 07:21 PM 10-13-2017
Good i
grandmom 09:06 PM 10-13-2017
Late fees work. They start at 5:30. Money talks.
HappyEverAfter 10:06 PM 10-13-2017
Some parents fail to realize there are other children we care for outside of their precious little ones. It's as if they think only their child matters and nothing exists outside of them. His kid was only there 6 hours so who cares if he was late. Never mind about ALL the other kids you care for the rest of the day. What an ass. I sincerely hope you charged him a late fee.
Ariana 05:17 AM 10-14-2017
I have late fees but after the third strike you are gone! I don’t just put up with perpetual lateness.

To me he is doing this deliberately. Why is he always 1 minute late?
lovemykidstoo 06:59 AM 10-14-2017
Yea he was pretty much like what's the big deal? I was not nice to him at all. My question is, if he's late now, what's he going to be in the winter when the roads are bad? So how much would you charge for a minute late? Maybe I need to put a digital clock right outside my door so he knows when he walks up. Then if he picks up even at 5:31, then gets his kid and coat ect. what time is it then? Grrr the more I think about it, the more pissed I get.
laundrymom 07:19 AM 10-14-2017
I would just send notice that he is to be there before 5:30 or care is terminated immediately if it's that huge a deal to you.
I haven't had anyone disrespect me like that in the past 20-25 years so I kinda forget how I handled it but I'm sure I did at some point.

Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Yea he was pretty much like what's the big deal? I was not nice to him at all. My question is, if he's late now, what's he going to be in the winter when the roads are bad? So how much would you charge for a minute late? Maybe I need to put a digital clock right outside my door so he knows when he walks up. Then if he picks up even at 5:31, then gets his kid and coat ect. what time is it then? Grrr the more I think about it, the more pissed I get.

Tags:daycare environment, late fees, parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up