Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 Year Old Boy Hits Throws Toys Constantly
dck 03:56 PM 02-13-2012
I have a 3YO DCB here about 3-5 days a week. He also comes with his 1 YO brother. From the moment he arrives DCB3 hits, throws toys and pushes the other children in the daycare. He is very rough with his brother and seems to have no remorse for his actions.

I have tried the usual time outs, redirection, conversation. He is very verbal and intelligent. However whenever I try to talk to him about inappropriate behaviour he refuses to make eye contact with me and constantly cuts me off saying "I KNOW! IM SORRY!" etc. When he gets off of his time out etc. he will tell me "I wont hit my friends (my brother) etc." Immediately walk over to the same child and hit them in the head, throw a toy at them, or push them down.

After two weeks of this, today I got out of him that he thought it was "Funny" to hurt his friends. I told him asked him if anyone else was laughing. He said "no". I said what happens when you act like that? He cried and said "Nobody wants to play with me". He is also registered in another daycare for when I am unable to take him and Mom says that he is having the same problems at the other daycare (also a family space).

Today after thinking I got thru to him, he left his time out, walked over to his baby brother and slammed his head into the heat register. I had no choice but to completely remove him from the room and into a play pen. He is literally at the point where the second he thinks i can't see him he will smile and then hurt someone. It doesn't matter if he is removed from all friends, toys, priviledges etc. He cries in time out, but immediately goes back to the behaviour.

I'm losing my patience and am getting concerned that the other children are no longer enjoying the daycare.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Tags:throwing toys
Up