Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ads
NillaWafers 12:17 AM 08-01-2016
Does anyone else have a huge problem with your ads being flagged and removed? I'm on my third attempt.

The first time (a month ago) they said it was because I had a digital flyer included and my website. So I removed those. Then, the 2nd time they said it was because I didn't list my e-mail, address (WTF) and phone number. I redid it to include most of those, but I still don't like listing my address on craiglist so I listed my cross-streets. That was flagged too! UGH!
LysesKids 06:02 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Does anyone else have a huge problem with your ads being flagged and removed? I'm on my third attempt.

The first time (a month ago) they said it was because I had a digital flyer included and my website. So I removed those. Then, the 2nd time they said it was because I didn't list my e-mail, address (WTF) and phone number. I redid it to include most of those, but I still don't like listing my address on craiglist so I listed my cross-streets. That was flagged too! UGH!
Never had an issue here not listing phone or email, and always use website link & cross streets. There are a few places here that use digital flyers & I've never seen them flagged either
Nurse Jackie 06:12 AM 08-01-2016
No I've never had those issues when listing on CL. The issue I have with craigslist is I start to get a whole bunch of calls from "banks" offering business loans and it always happens when I post a listing on craigslist, which I rarely do now.
284878 09:04 AM 08-01-2016

interesting.?.... I have been flagged before but not for a daycare ad but for a free item. I was never told why though. How did you find out?

My ad sometimes has a phone number but most the time it does not. Other than a very small description all my ad has is my weblink and fakebook link. No email. I also opt out of the address option as it is an option.
284878 09:09 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
interesting.?.... I have been flagged before but not for a daycare ad but for a free item. I was never told why though. How did you find out?

My ad sometimes has a phone number but most the time it does not. Other than a very small description all my ad has is my weblink and fakebook link. No email. I also opt out of the address option as it is an option.
for picture, i use a kid friendly picture, like crayons or bunch of balls..... but never a pic of the outside of my house.
NillaWafers 09:10 AM 08-01-2016
I don't use a picture of the outside, just the inside and my backyard play area. I'm about to try again. This is so frustrating!
284878 09:13 AM 08-01-2016
Have you searched other day care post in your area to see theirs?
NillaWafers 09:14 AM 08-01-2016
I'm thinking I may have been too detailed so I just tried to reduce it to a paragraph and then only did like 3 pictures instead of 6.

Yes I looked and many ads are using the same things I am, and even some of the stuff I was told to avoid. Like website in the name, no address, digital flyers ect.
CalCare 09:23 AM 08-01-2016
How are you seeing what the flag was for? I flag ads sometimes for real reasons (not the things you listed) but I've never given my reasons. Theres no option to explain really. Are the ads being monitored by actual craigslist staff? That doesn't make sense...? I thought they just remove ads after a certain number of flags depending on whatever the algorithm they made up for the city. .. I found this, it is old (2011) but could be informative
whatthegeek.net/2011/04/29/so-how-does-craigslist-flagging
NillaWafers 09:27 AM 08-01-2016
It does not list the reasons. I don't know what the flag threshold is but I'm guessing it's fairly low since my ads don't stay up past 9 hours.

They suggest posting to ask what could have flagged it and their suggestions have been pretty ridic. Things like, "Oh your website doesn't match the openings you listed", "You can't have a digital flyer", "You have to list your actual address because people think you're a fake", "you have to list your phone number or people think you're a fake", "You can't have your website listed, it looks like spam".

What pisses me off is everyone else seems to be posting ads with no problems and half of them break all these rules. Some even post 8 times a day and have giant blocks of their ads in the childcare section. So it's like, what am I doing wrong? I'm too thorough?
Controlled Chaos 09:31 AM 08-01-2016
I was flagged and eventually banned for a month on Craigslist once, but that's cause I pretended to sell my brothers Guinea pig as an April fools day prank so...I deserved it lol

But I have never had a problem when using it legitimately
CalCare 09:54 AM 08-01-2016
I don't think it's about being thorough or any of those reasons listed. Probably someone is trying to eliminate competition and flagging all kinds of ads. They might be using a program that gets around craigslist's IP tracking for flagging or something. I see you are in CA like me. The one real rule we have for advertising is that we have to put The license number. Did you do that? Other than that, none of those other things are real rules. They may be silly things your competition has come up with to try to get rid of your ads but you haven't done anything wrong. If I were you I would place my ad (including license number) and then contact craigslist to find out what's going on...? Good luck!
Blackcat31 10:43 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by CalCare:
I don't think it's about being thorough or any of those reasons listed. Probably someone is trying to eliminate competition and flagging all kinds of ads. They might be using a program that gets around craigslist's IP tracking for flagging or something. I see you are in CA like me. The one real rule we have for advertising is that we have to put The license number. Did you do that? Other than that, none of those other things are real rules. They may be silly things your competition has come up with to try to get rid of your ads but you haven't done anything wrong. If I were you I would place my ad (including license number) and then contact craigslist to find out what's going on...? Good luck!
I'd be more inclined to believe that another provider was flagging the ads too.

As for being required to list your license number on all advertising, I don't think Craig's List monitors that type of thing...

Only situations I've heard about where provider ads are constantly flagged are those that are flagged by competition.
NillaWafers 10:47 AM 08-01-2016
I mentioned that and the people in the flag forum were like, noooo Craiglist is set up so that people cannot flag competition, it takes more than one flag to take down the ad.

Well, I'm starting to think this must be the case. What jerks.

I just put up another ad, but I really shortened it and I didn't list my rates or any amenities. We will see how long this one lasts.
CalCare 11:20 AM 08-01-2016
Yeah, no, I don't mean craigslist monitors the licensing number but that the only legit rule that they could say they are flagging for is not including the license number. All that shortening you are doing is totally pointless. You can write thousands of words if you want! They have zero say about that and it is not against craigslist terms of use orlicensing regs in any way.
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by CalCare:
Yeah, no, I don't mean craigslist monitors the licensing number but that the only legit rule that they could say they are flagging for is not including the license number. All that shortening you are doing is totally pointless. You can write thousands of words if you want! They have zero say about that and it is not against craigslist terms of use orlicensing regs in any way.
Oh, okay that makes more sense...

Apparently my reading comprehension lacks a bit on Mondays.
NillaWafers 11:32 AM 08-01-2016
It's because it's community moderated so they sit there and try and figure out what made someone flag the post.

Although that's a totally moot point if they're just flagging because they are a provider who feels threatened.

I have ads up with care.com, daycarebear, daycare.com. I need toddler spots but all I'm getting is infants

Second ad that got flagged:
Originally Posted by :
Lil' Sprouts Home Daycare in San Gabriel, has two spots, for children over the age of 2, available August 11th and September 8th. We are a small, home-based daycare that practices play-based learning. Small ratios and a family environment.

Amenities:

- Breakfast, Lunch, and PM Snack served - food program participant, organic options when available. No juice, ever.

- Large, open, backyard with play structures suitable for all ages. Small vegetable garden that children help tend to. Large grass area for parachute play, ball play, and running.

- Licensed and Insured

- 10+ years of childcare experience, plus a mother of three.

- Songs, Calendar, and Weekly Themes

- Digital Daily Sheet and Sign-ins

-License #

Full-time spots are 190/week. Hours from 6:30-5:30 M-F. Part-Time Spots are 150/week, mornings or three full days a week. Touring now. Please call (ph#) for more information or e-mail (email).
That ad already changed from asking to use the CL relay and no number, also did cross streets instead of no address. I am not willing to post my address on CL, even if you can google it.

New 3rd ad:
Originally Posted by :
Hello! I am a local licensed (#) and insured childcare provider who has two available openings for toddlers that I am looking to fill. I am a small home daycare, so I have small ratios - 1:6. I offer play-based curriculum with weekly themes. Breakfast, Lunch and PM Snack are included in tuition. We also have a large backyard with a vegetable garden that is perfect for little people to explore and play in. I have 10 years of childcare experience, in addition to being a mom of three.

For rates and other information, please call or e-mail!

CalCare 12:58 PM 08-01-2016
Everything you are writing is fine. The flaggers are probably not even reading what you wrote. They just flag every ad. And, just a suggestion, if you want toddlers, what if you title the ad something like: Toddler childcare available. Then in the text specify you have space for toddlers. Just a thought. Sorry you have these annoying people messing with you. I don't think there is anything you can do other than contact cl and tell them you are being unfairly removed constantly.
NillaWafers 08:25 AM 08-02-2016
Guess who's ad got flagged after 22 hours of being up. I want to murder. So annoying, I am done with craiglist.
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 08-02-2016
Guess who's ad got flagged after 22 hours of being up. I want to murder. So annoying, I am done with craiglist.
Oh for Pete's sake...

Can you complain to Craig's List at all?
I don't use CL (in my area..it's pretty sketchy..) so I am unsure of how that all works.

Maybe advertise in another area of CL or does your area have a Facebook group? If not, maybe start one.

We have a Public Group here that anyone can post in looking for child care or providers post they have openings.
It's a pretty busy page and seems to be the number #1 method of searching now days.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:46 AM 08-02-2016
Is it CL flagging or someone else? I ask because a remember a colleague of mine telling me some years ago that it was actually a competitor that was flagging her ads.

Anyway, I never list my address so I don't see why your ads are getting flagged for that. Try logging out and in again. Do you have an account or just post without an account? I have an account so I just have to renew my ads every week.

Have you tried ebay classifieds?
NillaWafers 12:53 PM 08-02-2016
It's not CL. If it's CL it'll remove it immediately. These ads last from 4-22 hours.

Someone in the CL forums said if there is a lot of spam (and there is, tons of provider posting the same ad 5-10 times on one day) they will decrease the threshold for being flagged. I'm gonna guess mine is getting tossed in with theirs.

I haven't tried ebay classifieds, so I guess I'll head over there. Are there any other useful classifieds besides CL?
284878 05:06 AM 08-03-2016
It's not CL. If it's CL it'll remove it immediately. These ads last from 4-22 hours.

Someone in the CL forums said if there is a lot of spam (and there is, tons of provider posting the same ad 5-10 times on one day) they will decrease the threshold for being flagged. I'm gonna guess mine is getting tossed in with theirs.

I haven't tried ebay classifieds, so I guess I'll head over there. Are there any other useful classifieds besides CL?
There are other apps like "Letgo" "Nextdoor" that allow ads but it all depends on what is popular in you area.

I think you should Post again and then contact CL, have them watch the ad. Plus if it is a competor then most likely their ad is never flagged.
CalCare 07:03 AM 08-03-2016
Locally, we have a few very busy fb groups that are always posting childcare available and ISO (in search of). Get on fb, search your town name and "swap" many Facebook local groups are called whatever town swap. Then join the group and see if posting your ad is allowed: some will not allow it. Out town also has a fb page called (town name) nannies and childcare. Search all sorts of terms and join a bunch of groups and check their rules. Then post your ads. So So so many people only use Facebook groups for everything. It's easier as a parent because they can see who the person really is (unlike on craigslist) and parents see who of their friends are also following or are friends with that provider and can automatically go to the provider Facebook page.
CityGarden 09:34 AM 08-03-2016
I am so very sorry this is happening to you! It would drive me nuts as well.

I found the second ad you posted on here to give all the information I would want as a parent.

It would suck it competition could just flag and have ads removed even Yelp has a process.

I would contact Craigslist and make some sort of formal complaint on their constant unjustified actions.

That said, I am not sure you would find the best quality clients on Craigslist. When I post items for sale I seem to really get hit or miss people purchasing.
NillaWafers 09:43 AM 08-03-2016
My first kid was from Craigslist. I pay for an ad on care.com and I get the most referrals from that. Maybe I should just write CL off
Tags:craigs list, craigs list - flagged
Reply Up