Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Safe Sleep Policy

Does anyone have an official sleep policy form that I could borrow? I've got the basics down, but could use some assistance with the wording. I'm trying to explain to parents why it is so dangerous to allow a baby to sleep anywhere other than their pack n' play or crib. Most people have never heard of positional asphyxia. A couple of years ago, before I opened, I had never heard of it. It's scary to think back on how many nights my kids slept in their swing. My own policies are black and white. I will not put them to bed anywhere else. Period. I'm just looking for the wording to educate parents on my reasoning.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:29 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

We don't have a Sleep Policy tag and I am interested if anyone would share one also. I have some threads on Nap Policy. Don't know if that would be of help: http://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=nap+policy
Old 04-28-2016, 05:40 PM
Daycare.com Member

There are some good handouts here: http://www.healthychildcare.org/sids.html
Old 04-28-2016, 07:50 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Does your state have any safe sleep best practices?

That is how I word it in all of my stuff. I say I am certified and follow safe sleep best practice. My state actually has strict rules and policies about this and I'm allowed to blame licensing up and down for everything. But I also use my certification and training as a basis for my beliefs of enforcing the rules.

Plus, the fine of a sleep violation, which is $200 per, and the liability of something happening on my watch, is enough for me to stay firm. You could probably search back is best and I'm sure you would be able to find the flyers.

Tags
nap policy