Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paid Days Off; What Would You Do?
SandeeAR 12:17 PM 07-05-2011
I have 5 paid days built in to my contract. I take these usually for Dr. Appts. I have used 4 of them so far this year. I just added a new family and will be adding a new family in about 12 weeks. Btw, I do not charge for any holiday I take off.

If I need to take time off, do I use 5 more days with them and the families that were already here, just don't pay those days I close? Or do I have all the families not pay when I close? I'm just trying to figure out what is the righ thing to do.
cheerfuldom 12:28 PM 07-05-2011
my "daycare year" goes from August to July. so every August, my paid days start over again. I take the time I need regarding each year and not in relation to the families that I have attending, when they started or when they are leaving. If you start doing it that way, you may end up really confused about which families "owe" you how many days and how to coordinate those days off with the families that don't have any of that time. maybe other people do that so I would be interested to know how they organize all that.
Tags:days off, paid days
Reply Up