Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ya Just Can't Help Children Of Rude, Entitled Parents!!
Incognito 08:03 PM 08-16-2011
So I have a couple kids that are always wearing hand me downs and never given anything new by the DCMs own words. These 2 kids have been wearing the same smelly pair of shoes since enrollment in January! The were 2nd hand from Goodwill back then! They don't fit right. I fight to get them on. Although they don't complain of sore feet I know they have to be. I have mentioned to DCM a couple months ago about them and asked if they had a good pair so we could go to a museum. She tells me no only those and that she knows she has to get them some more but can't afford it.

Little background this family makes about $2,000 per month counting the employment and other income as well as assistance programs! WHY can they not afford shoes??? Answer, they CAN they just don't care (AHEM some of u may be with me here...)

Anyway, I am planning on buying them both NEW shoes as well as a few outfits NEW because they never had anything NEW! Uggh.. Until I get enough saved to do so I am searching for shoes. So I text DCM today asking what size they wear because I forgot to look while they were here.
She asks why I want to know.
I said well you yourself said the other day they were outgrowing them right?
She replies yes but I cant afford shoes now.
I text back ok well my cousin has some shoes that her kids outgrew and before she puts them in her yardsale I wanted to know if they would fit your kids. What size are they?
She replies with I don't know I will have to look.
So I wait for an hour and nothing... I text back asking if she looked.
She said no she will look later.
WTH??? I reply well can u look now please so I know if they fit or not and I can get them for u.
She replies with "just get them and I will look at your shoes when I get there Saturday morning and if they fit I will take them.

WHOOOO acts like that??? I mean i know shes got entitlement fever but damn!!! RUDE RUDE RUDE!! Can't even get off your lazy azz to check the size on a shoe so u can get MORE FREE stuff?

I feel like pulling my hair out! I say to myself fine I am not buying the new shoes if she cant help by supplying a damn size! Then I think of the children... I guess I will wait and check them on Saturday for myself!
erinalexmom 03:12 AM 08-17-2011
Im like you. Sometimes I HATE some of the things the parents do but I always remid myself its not the childrens fault, they didnt choose thier parents. But boy those parents make it hard to care! By the way, since the mom wont ever say it. i will "thank you for what you are doing for these children"
momofboys 04:57 AM 08-17-2011
They definitely should be buying their kids shoes. But 2K a month is not a lot of $$$ with a family. Of course I have no idea what funds they make with assistance but I could understand why they have a hard time buying shoes with that little amount of $$$. Not sure why she wouldn't accept your help & tell you the shoe sizes. Strange!
Kaddidle Care 04:59 AM 08-17-2011
Here! Measure them yourself - don't wait for lame Mom to do it:
http://www.famousfootwear.com/App_Th...s_brannock.pdf

BTW - Payless shoes has their BOGO sale going on right now. Not the best shoes in the world but at least they will be clean and new for a while.

I'm not a big fan of 2nd hand shoes. Clothing you can wash but shoes... bleh!

Don't spend a fortune - it won't be appreciated.
DCMom 05:23 AM 08-17-2011
She can afford a texting cell phone but not shoes for her kids?

You are sweet for trying to help, but don't expect her to appreciate it. I would just check the size or measure their feet and get them the shoes. Be fully prepared for negative comments if she doesn't like what you have chosen.
AfterSchoolMom 05:29 AM 08-17-2011
If you get them new shoes and clothes, you won't get thanked, and may never see either again. I think if it were me, I'd keep the new shoes and clothes at my house, change them when they get there, and change them back when it's time to go home. That way you KNOW that they have what they need when you go on trips and such.
nannyde 06:16 AM 08-17-2011
Get some basic good quality stuff for them for your house and just switch them when they arrive and switch them back before they leave. Save whatever you use for them for the next ones that come along.

I have a huge stock of clothing, shoes, coats, jammies, etc here. I want to have everything I need every day for every kid. I don't care what the parents send them in... I have what I need. I have parents who are REALLY great about clothing now so I don't have to use much of mine but I have had years where we had to undress, dress, undress and redress kids every day. Some of that was due to money but some of it to parents sending kids in cumbersome or ill fitted clothing.

Clothing is one my big big big pet peeves. I can't stand having kids in clothing that doesn't fit or is hard to manage. I like onesies and socks on the babies and easy zipper clothing for them. If they come in something I don't like to manage, we just swap them into our clothes. Makes the day easier.

I provide ALL outdoor wear so I don't care what they send for coats, hats, shoes etc.
familyschoolcare 09:30 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:
She can afford a texting cell phone but not shoes for her kids?
the additional charge for my cell phone to have texting coverage is $5 a month so if mom went with out that service for 8 months then she could afford a pair of $20 shoes for each child. That is if nobody texts her during that time because everybody assumes everyone has text coverage these days. How does that help now. Stop judging I think we do not know enough about this to know if mom is making poor budget choices.
wdmmom 09:38 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
the additional charge for my cell phone to have texting coverage is $5 a month so if mom went with out that service for 8 months then she could afford a pair of $20 shoes for each child. That is if nobody texts her during that time because everybody assumes everyone has text coverage these days. How does that help now. Stop judging I think we do not know enough about this to know if mom is making poor budget choices.
If she's getting welfare AND making $2000 a month, clearly she has bills coming out the wazoo, she is living beyond her means, or she is making poor spending choices.

And that doesn't even count if she's getting child support. If she's getting her daycare for free and collecting food stamps each month, she can afford to cloth her children properly!

I've been broke as in flat bottom broke. No job, no unemployment, no phone, no cable, no car, no nothing. The state gave my family of 5 a welfare check of $598 a month. That paid the rent, utilities and left us with little to nothing.

No one else was going to make sure my kids were clothed and shoed properly! It's a selfless act. Take away from yourself to provide for your children.
DCMom 11:02 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
I'm sorry if that came across as judging. My point was texting on a cell phone, no matter how affordable, is a 'want'. Shoes for your children whether new or used are a 'need'.

I think people have a hard time distinguishing between wants and needs these days.
MommyMuffin 01:45 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by Incognito:
So I have a couple kids that are always wearing hand me downs and never given anything new by the DCMs own words. These 2 kids have been wearing the same smelly pair of shoes since enrollment in January! The were 2nd hand from Goodwill back then! They don't fit right. I fight to get them on. Although they don't complain of sore feet I know they have to be. I have mentioned to DCM a couple months ago about them and asked if they had a good pair so we could go to a museum. She tells me no only those and that she knows she has to get them some more but can't afford it.

Little background this family makes about $2,000 per month counting the employment and other income as well as assistance programs! WHY can they not afford shoes??? Answer, they CAN they just don't care (AHEM some of u may be with me here...)

Anyway, I am planning on buying them both NEW shoes as well as a few outfits NEW because they never had anything NEW! Uggh.. Until I get enough saved to do so I am searching for shoes. So I text DCM today asking what size they wear because I forgot to look while they were here.
She asks why I want to know.
I said well you yourself said the other day they were outgrowing them right?
She replies yes but I cant afford shoes now.
I text back ok well my cousin has some shoes that her kids outgrew and before she puts them in her yardsale I wanted to know if they would fit your kids. What size are they?
She replies with I don't know I will have to look.
So I wait for an hour and nothing... I text back asking if she looked.
She said no she will look later.
WTH??? I reply well can u look now please so I know if they fit or not and I can get them for u.
She replies with "just get them and I will look at your shoes when I get there Saturday morning and if they fit I will take them.

WHOOOO acts like that??? I mean i know shes got entitlement fever but damn!!! RUDE RUDE RUDE!! Can't even get off your lazy azz to check the size on a shoe so u can get MORE FREE stuff?

I feel like pulling my hair out! I say to myself fine I am not buying the new shoes if she cant help by supplying a damn size! Then I think of the children... I guess I will wait and check them on Saturday for myself!
My first thought is...does she just not care about her child, does she have a mental health problem or does she do drugs?
Tags:assistance, rude, rude children, rude parents, subsidy, subsidy issues
Reply Up