Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick, Unhappy Babies
Indoorvoice 05:22 AM 01-15-2019
I used to prefer infants over preschool aged children and always kept my infant spots full. I love the age and felt they were overall pretty easy to care for. Eat, change, play, sleep, repeat.

My last couple rounds of babies have me giving up on this age. They have so many issues lately. Overtired, over/underfed, tons of rituals and habits they NEED in order to do xyz, no ability to be alone for even a few minutes, easily overstimulated, oversensitive to even slight changes or redirection, no interest in playing or doing typical infant things. Not to mention each one is just sick! GERD, GI issues, reflux, tongue tie, infant migraines (?!). I've had it all lately. Not sure if something is going on in my area, or if it's me, or what, but I used to have such happy little infants. I miss them laying on the floor and studying their hands or feet for several minutes, or catching a glimpse of light on the wall and being fascinated. My new babies do not do this. What is going on? Is this going on with your babies too?
Tags:grumpy, sickness, unhappy child
Up