Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HOA Asking Me to Close My Family Home Daycare
Maman_sub 08:25 PM 08-27-2019
Hi I am running a licensed home daycare in North Carolina for 2 years now. I am licensed to keep 8 kids at a time.I got notice from the HOA asking me to stop my daycare because neighbors complained about traffic. I have stopped the traffic in my lane and now 3 cars are coming every day. I have checked my covenant which states:—-Any business, trade, or similar activity, except that an Owner or occupant residing in a Unit may conduct business activities within the Unit so long as: (i) the existence or operation of the business activity is not apparent or detectable by sight, sound, or smell from outside the Unit; (ii) the business activity conforms to all zoning requirements (iii) the business activity does not involve door-to-door solicitation (iv) the business activity does not, in the Board's reasonable judgment, generate a level of vehicular or pedestrian traffic or a number of vehicles being parked which is noticeably greater than that which is typical of Units in which no business activity is being conducted; and (v) the business activity is consistent with the residential character and does not constitute a nuisance, or a hazardous or offensive use, or threaten the security or safety of other residents as may be determined in the sole discretion of the Board.

My question is if I control the traffic like now when only 2-3 cars come , park in my driveway only for 2 minutes to drop off and pick up. If I continue like this ,does my HOA has the power to stop my business? Any input will be helpful. Thanks !!
Tags:hoa
Up