Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How the child to staff ratio is calculated
byarsc 02:33 PM 11-03-2008
Can someone explain to me how the child to staff ratio is calculated. If you have kids with multiple ages and a set staff of 2. Trying to open a small daycare center in Tennessee. Appreciate any help.
kidcentric 09:54 PM 11-05-2008
Since you are only talking about two caregivers, I presume you are planning to start a Family Child Care Home. If that is correct, here are the ratios:
Caregiver To Child Ratios and Supervision.

(a) An adult caregiver (at least 18 years of age) shall be present and supervising children in care at all times.

(b) The total number of children (including "related" children under nine years of age) shall not exceed 12.

(c) A family day care home shall comply with one of the following two options at all times.

1. Family Day Care Homes with One Caregiver:

(i) The total number of children in a family day care home with one caregiver shall not exceed seven, including `related' children under nine years of age, and

(ii) In a home with one caregiver, the number of children under two years of age shall not exceed four.

2. Family Day Care Homes with More than Seven Children:

(i) If the number of children, including the primary caregiver's "related" children exceeds seven, one of the following options shall be met at all times:

If more than 7 children (including "related" children under age 9), with no more than 4 under age 2, then 2 Caregivers are required

If more than 7 children (including "related" children under age 9), with more than 4 under age 2, then 3 Caregivers are required

http://nrckids.org/STATES/TN/tn_4_4.htm#pgfId-46917
Tags:michigan
Reply Up