Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Letter
Kenny 07:44 AM 07-30-2010
I need help writing a termination letter.
I have one family who is always late on payment and then when I go to cash the check it does not clear, sometimes I have to take 2-3 trips to the bank before it clears. ( Which I know is my fault, I should have made them just pay me in cash)
This has been going on for months and feel that it is not fair to me. I have gave them multiple chances and they just keep taking advantage of me.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
JenNJ 08:01 AM 07-30-2010
Can you just make them pay cash or are there other issues that make you want to terminate?
Kenny 08:25 AM 07-30-2010
They switch off between cash and a check. But even when its cash, they are ALWAYS late (between 4-7 days).
DCMomOf3 08:38 AM 07-30-2010
If it is in your contract that you reserve the right to terminate due to late payments, I would quote the contract in your letter. IMO, keep it simple but be clear why you are terminating. Also give them the date of the last day that you will provide care.
momofboys 08:52 AM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
If it is in your contract that you reserve the right to terminate due to late payments, I would quote the contract in your letter. IMO, keep it simple but be clear why you are terminating. Also give them the date of the last day that you will provide care.
Make sure they are paid & up-to-date before you terminate or you may never see the $$$ & when you write the term letter state that care for the 2 week period for them to find a new provider is paid IN ADVANCE!
jen 08:58 AM 07-30-2010
You have two choices in my book.

Choice number one...a letter which states that they have been in violation of the terms of your contract due to late payments. Any further late payment will result in immediate termination.

Choice number two...

Dear ______-,

Due to continued violation of the terms of our contract, specifically the section regarding payment due dates, we are terminating our contract effective ________________.

Sincerely,
Michael 09:37 PM 07-30-2010
Some ideas in older threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up