Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>I Need Help to Start a Daycare in Washington
OrientMom 10:32 PM 06-18-2014
Hi Michael,

I'm not new to this Forum. I've been a member since 2011. I don't own a daycare yet. The reason I registered here was I was planning to start a daycare here in Washington and was hoping to get some help from here on how to start up. My biggest problem is I just renting an apartment and the apartment is too small for a daycare. I was looking at getting to take care only for 2 to 3 children. Do you think it is possible for me to get approved? Can you walk me through how to start up? What do I need to do first? Thanks.

OrientMom
melilley 05:00 AM 06-19-2014
You would have to see what your state's licensing rules are. You can look them up on the home page of this forum and most state's also have their own website with documents/things needed to be done to get licensed.

Here, we can get registered/licensed for 6 or 12 and have to have so many square feet per child, but we can also apply to be licensed for fewer children if we don't meet the square footage for the 6 or 12 children.

Good luck!
Blackcat31 05:26 AM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by OrientMom:
Hi Michael,

I'm not new to this Forum. I've been a member since 2011. I don't own a daycare yet. The reason I registered here was I was planning to start a daycare here in Washington and was hoping to get some help from here on how to start up. My biggest problem is I just renting an apartment and the apartment is too small for a daycare. I was looking at getting to take care only for 2 to 3 children. Do you think it is possible for me to get approved? Can you walk me through how to start up? What do I need to do first? Thanks.

OrientMom
Here is the contact info for your state.

All the info you need as far as contact people, application and requirements information should be in the link.

https://www.daycare.com/washington/

Of course, reading and participating in the daily forum discussions can be beneficial as well.
Reply Up