Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Day Of Care....Do You Throw Party?
MARSTELAC 10:33 AM 03-03-2011
Do any of you do a little going away party for children who are leaving your care? Just wondering. I cannot find any threads on this unless I am not looking in the right place....
daycare 10:36 AM 03-03-2011
I actually just threw a party for one of the families that I termed. It was the parents fault not the kids...

We ordered pizza, made party hats. The kids made a giant card with all of their pictures on it that I took of them over the past months. We ate cupcakes and sang songs.

All of the kids hugged him when he left and all said good-bye....

I think that I will do something for everyone of the children when they leave and also have a graduation party for the ones leaving for kindy.

have fun!!
DCMomOf3 10:39 AM 03-03-2011
I have only had one term and didn't with her. What a fun idea though.
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 03-03-2011
Nah, but we have had parties AFTER we termed someone and it was the first day without them...LOL!!!
daycare 10:44 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nah, but we have had parties AFTER we termed someone and it was the first day without them...LOL!!!
lamo that is so funny!! My husband took me out for drinks later that night on the families last day, becuase now I wasnt going to stress anymore about it and he wasnt going to have to hear about it either....lmao
DCMom 10:45 AM 03-03-2011
Most of the time when a child leaves my daycare, it's because they are going to school so I started doing an annual End of Summer/Beginning of School party the Thursday before Labor Day (our school starts after Labor Day).

This year I have had a couple kids leave because mom or dad lost their job, so I did throw them a going away party and gave them a little gift.

If it was someone I let go, probably not.
nannyde 10:54 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

We did that once. The hardest kid I have EVER had in my career...
Zoe 11:48 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
lamo that is so funny!! My husband took me out for drinks later that night on the families last day, becuase now I wasnt going to stress anymore about it and he wasnt going to have to hear about it either....lmao
Mine too! It was SUCH a celebration! Good riddance!

But for the kids who are leaving that you are sad to see go (and just the nice thing to do anyway), I think throwing a going-away party is a fun idea!
Tags:going away party, last day party
Reply Up