Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Didn’t Answer My Phone So They Stopped Over....Last Night
jojosmommy 10:53 AM 09-07-2011
I was on the phone with my MIL last night and one of my parents called. I did not recognize the number plus I figured MIL would get all distracted and start her story over if I switched over to answer the call so I ignored it. Few minutes later dcd knocks on the door. "Hey, just called and you didn't answer so I thought I would stop over. Wife tried to facebook you twice in the last hour and you didn't reply. Is it ok if I bring the kids early tomorrow so my wife and I can carpool?" I do not mind the earlier drop off (within my open hours and they never stay even close to 9 hours a day) but seriously, once you leave and daycare is closed I am not waiting at home for you to call/facebook/stop over. I thought about it once he left and I should have said "why don't you just leave the kids here since its only a few hours until you want to drop them off anyway ."

Have you ever had this happen and was it akward? The whole thing felt strange to me. Also, I couldn't help but answer, the guy could see in my windows (not closed shades) and my son went running to the door to go see who would stop by at this hour.
Tags:late pickup, parents - ask too much
Up