Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Take A Look At My Website!
3kidzmama 08:54 PM 03-30-2011
got my website up... just put some basic info so far... let me know what you all think... what do I need to add??

Thanks!!!

www.littlechildrenlc.com
3kidzmama 08:56 PM 03-30-2011
also made a facebook page...
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...19527758124965
Abigail 01:45 AM 03-31-2011
Good start so far! Is it a free site or did you purchase the domain? I love the name. I'm just starting to work on a site as well. I have a page for the handbook, schedule, daycare setup photos, and training.
SilverSabre25 04:04 AM 03-31-2011
Looks nice!

I like the Facebook page too. I've been contemplating making a FB page for my daycare...
Michael 08:19 PM 03-31-2011
Looks great. Did you use a program like Dreamweaver or is this a creative function offered by your domain name registrar?
Stacy214 06:00 AM 04-01-2011
I think it looks great!
MyAngels 06:26 AM 04-01-2011
I like your website, it's so cheerful! I don't have any advice on what else you might need, as I don't have one.

I am curious about the video monitoring, though. I've always thought that seems like a good idea. Do you mind sharing a little about how that works?
wdmmom 09:41 AM 04-01-2011
Your website looks great. The Facebook page I would make private to current clients if you plan to add pictures, etc.

I'm not sure where you are located and if this is in home or a center, but your rates are ridiculously low. If you purchased a domain name, you have credentials, and you have video monitoring, I would raise rates to compensate for these luxuries.

Good luck to you!
Evansmom 09:42 AM 04-01-2011
I made one on weebly.com for free and it in I oh well here is the link for you to see:

http://www.ourhomepreschool.weebly.com

The pics of the playroom are outdated though, it's from when I first started. Need to get new pics up soon!!
3kidzmama 11:36 AM 04-01-2011
Thanks for all the responses!

I did purchase the domain name, but the site itself is a template my Internet-savvy hubby found for me. 

As far as my rates go, I agree they are ridiculously low BUT for where I live, they are actually about $15 higher than average. There aren't many high paying jobs around here, mostly right at $6.50-$7.00 per hour (min. wage here is $6.25). Sad isn't it?

Anyway, for those interested in the video monitoring, it is a system of cameras that constantly stream live action video to a secure site my hubby set up for me. Each parent will have their own password to get into the site. When a parent no longer has a child at my center, their password will simply be de-activated so they no longer can get into the site.

I'm very excited and can't wait until I can open for business!!
cheerfuldom 11:40 AM 04-01-2011
I was going to say the same thing about the rates! wow.

well the site is off to good start!
3kidzmama 11:40 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
I made one on weebly.com for free and it in I oh well here is the link for you to see:

http://www.ourhomepreschool.weebly.com

The pics of the playroom are outdated though, it's from when I first started. Need to get new pics up soon!!
Your site is so cute!!!! I love it. I like your schedule of activities and other things listed in the menu bar.... May have to borrow that!!!
Evansmom 03:59 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
Your site is so cute!!!! I love it. I like your schedule of activities and other things listed in the menu bar.... May have to borrow that!!!
Borrrow away! We're all here to help each other out!

The pics I put up were of my son only that way I didn't have to get any parents to sign wavers. Easier for me that way.
PitterPatter 04:18 PM 04-01-2011
I have permission from my parents to take photos for crafts, newsletters, family gift projects etc but I never mentioned website on the form they signed as I just didn't have one. I want to make one now tho and was thinking of adding pics. I have some great adorable ones from years past where the client has since moved etc. If I black out the faces do u think it would be ok to post these pics on a website? Of course I would never use names either. I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem but I have ASSumed wrong before lol What do u all think?
DaisyMamma 02:43 PM 05-01-2011
The rates are very low. It's about double where we live.

The first thing I noticed on the site was that the admin information was right on the pages for everyone to see.
I love the video monitoring idea. Is there a link for that on your web site?
jen2651 04:53 PM 05-01-2011
It looks great! It make me want to send my kiddos there!
crystalg 01:50 PM 05-27-2011
3kidzmama,
Good job getting a Facebook page up and running. Daycare owners have a great opportunity to show off their businesses on Facebook because the majority of those with profiles are 34 years old and under. Your target market.

One thing tho, you have to use it!
Without getting spammy and breaking rules, if you are having trouble understanding how to use Facebook for your business, I just launched an inexpensive audio program available on my website. With a sale going on now.

The program is called Social Media Building Blocks for Daycare Owners.
Hope it helps and sorry to invade your space. I see business owners all the time setting up pages then not using them.
Crystal

(editor I've removed the link but kept your program name since it is daycare related. I still onsider it an advertisement)
Abigail 06:40 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
also made a facebook page...
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...19527758124965
this link doesn't work for me. I know someone just posted to advertise, but I would recommend that you have your friends "like" your facebook page for your business and just make sure whenever you post that it's for current and potential clients so spell things correctly and keep everyone's viewpoint in mind. Never share "sad" things and always have cheerful things posted and a picture every week or so because they'll know you're on it.
3kidzmama 08:34 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by lymemomma:
The rates are very low. It's about double where we live.

The first thing I noticed on the site was that the admin information was right on the pages for everyone to see.
I love the video monitoring idea. Is there a link for that on your web site?
The admin info is there because it's a free template and that's how it's set up. Only I have the info to log in, though.

I will have a link to the video monitoring once we are up and running. We don't open until June 13, and when we get the video going it will be linked through there (password protected of course)
3kidzmama 08:37 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by jen2651:
It looks great! It make me want to send my kiddos there!
thanks!!!
Tags:website, website review
Reply Up