Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Equipment & Supplies
22jbgrcia 11:11 AM 02-03-2016
Hello,

I am needing help in finding places to purchase playground structures, daycare furniture and supplies. I am on a Real tight budget. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can go, I wonder if there is a scratch and dent place? Any help, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, God Bless!
lovemydaycare0912 12:59 PM 02-03-2016
Originally Posted by 22jbgrcia:
Hello,

I am needing help in finding places to purchase playground structures, daycare furniture and supplies. I am on a Real tight budget. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can go, I wonder if there is a scratch and dent place? Any help, suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, God Bless!
I used walmart.com and once upon a child. Hope this helps. Also try craigslist. I got my bye bye buggy for $500 retailing $2000
Unregistered 01:20 PM 02-03-2016
I use craigslist & yard sales. I've purchased a lot of pnp's from dcf's. Put up a Facebook post asking. There are kids used toy groups on facebook too.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:26 AM 02-04-2016
Craigslist is my go to. You can usually find some really good, lightly used, items there for almost half retail. Sometimes you will luck up and find a DC going out of business and really get some good stuff.

Get on zingsale.com for notices when items drop in price. Just put in a few wish list items and they will notify you when they drop in price.

Ask your parents for donations. I had a parent 10 years ago that is still donating items to me just about every year.

Don't be afraid to do drive-byes. I actually have found highchairs by the side of the rode twice. This are not yukky, old and broken down. They where in pretty good condition and Peg-Perego which sell for up to $300.

Be creative. One time I noticed something behind a patio business. Apparently, they had renovated a home and the owner got rid of the playhouse his kids no longer used. It was FREE! All I had to do was haul it home. I've had it for years.

Finally, if you can't afford it, DIY it. Get to pinning. There are so many things you can make yourself or find at the dollar stores. Check out the boards on Pinterest for some fun ideas.

Oh I almost forgot; my CCRC has a toy loan program. See if you have one in your area that does too. If not, ask them to start one.

Hope that helps!
Unregistered 11:38 AM 02-04-2016
Our local library does book boxes to keep for a week then you get another delivery
kitykids3 01:06 PM 02-04-2016
For the most part I have gotten my things from rummage sales and second hand stores. Bookcases, changing tables, rocking chair, kids soft seats, kids kitchen and chair set, toys, etc. mostly second hand. Some stuff I used grant money for like the kids big table and chairs and the huge block set we have. I have used CL sometimes too if I've got the energy to go pick something up. It's the best way because the stuff gets beat up pretty quick with many kids using it so I rarely buy stuff brand new (except for hygiene reasons like potty seats and changing table pads).
Reply Up